Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I am planning to sell my bike, its a 2001 ex500. There are two cracks on the fairing at the bottom of the bike. Each one is about 7-8 inches long. Its not noticable unless you are looking for it. And its just a crack... nothing broken.

One reason its not noticeable is because its on the bottome and side of the bike.

My question is... How much would this depreciate the value of my bike?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
ok here are pictures for a better idea and hopefully some response! :lol

THIS is from the right side of the bike, you can see it is sort of broken there in the middle, this is not visible unless you're looking underneath:

This is the crack on the left bottom side, this is visible from eye level:

This is taken from the left side:

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
not by very much. i wouldnt really care about that if i was buying that bike. its used and its a beginner bike. it looks like its in otherwise good condition. what year is it and what were you planning on selling it for?

·
Registered
501 Posts
yeah, beginner bikes usually have some wear and tear like that, that's why it's nice to buy used. of the top of my head with out checking into comparable prices I'd say the value of the bike is somewhere around 2,500

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats good to hear!, Its a 2001 Ninja 500 and it only has 550 miles on it! yeah, the first owner sold it to me last year with 40 miles on it. I don't know yet if I am going to sell it or not. I wanna keep it, but moving around with it is a hassle... and I am moving to an apartment so that'll make parking it a hassle (+theft prone). And lastly I am injured and I don't think i'll be riding any this season. Maybe a bit towards the end.

Anyhow, thanks..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts