Sport Bikes banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pro Bike Theft Victim
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so the speeding ticket i got w/ mike, I went to court today for.... and the Verdict is "TICKET THROWN OUT!!!!!!" I was in there talking to the asst DA , and he was like "the cop radar locked all 3 of you ?" I was like well i guess he thought he could ...Next thing i know is CASE DISMISSED !!!!! :phatyo

·
Registered
325 Posts
confuckinggratulations. I know how that feels, definately one of the best feelings in the world.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Basically you can't ticket three people on the same radar.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Well..........sometimes it gets thrown out, sometimes it doesn't. I got pulled over with 20 other people. The state tropper came flying past us on the median and then slung his car in our lanes. So we had to stop. Then he got out and yelled at us to all pull off the road. HA HA HA I was in the back so I was stuck couldn't get away...not that I would have anyway. Lamest ticket ever. I had to do the prayer for judgement though. Somehow he did say he managed to clock all 20 of us and it did hold up in court. My charges weren't as bad as the rest of the gang since I was in the back and had just pulled out.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Congrats man...mine was just reduced but I have 0 points on my Insurance still so that's what I was aiming for ....and my PJC was not affected....
By the way NiCd was there too...haven't talked to him yet but I am assuming he got the same reduction as me...
So this means that if there is more than one of us, we are free and clear for speeding past radar cops???

·
Registered
115 Posts
Congrats Tony - I got the same results as Mike but nonetheless I am glad one of us was cleared. The whole things was a waste time or at least a revenue generator for NC

·
Registered
325 Posts
kazlab67 said:
So this means that if there is more than one of us, we are free and clear for speeding past radar cops???
Not exactly. I believe they have to "pick one" or somebody's got to take it for the team. See you go to court how is the DA gonna prove which bike was doing what. MV I see your point if you've got a pack of 20 bikes doing something wrong it might have been on film also. But sounds like you never went to trial just a plea agreement. Besides a cop can write all the BS tickets in the world you go to court and plead guilty to some and have some dismissed to save the headache and risk of getting the book thrown at you. The system, that's just how it is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts