Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting a 675, and have some questions.

Does it come with a slipper clutch?
Are the bolts metric or SAE?
I know for 2009 they made it possible to tune the quick shifter. Can buy a Race ECU and tune it as good as Bazzaz and PCIII with TRACS (Triumph RAce Calibration Software).

I am looking at a 2008 SE (He doesn't know it's an SE!) It's black with gold wheels and lettering.

Anything else I should know?

·
Turbo nerd.
13,728 Posts
I am wanting a 675, and have some questions.

Does it come with a slipper clutch?
Are the bolts metric or SAE?
I know for 2009 they made it possible to tune the quick shifter. Can buy a Race ECU and tune it as good as Bazzaz and PCIII with TRACS (Triumph RAce Calibration Software).

I am looking at a 2008 SE (He doesn't know it's an SE!) It's black with gold wheels and lettering.

Anything else I should know?

What they don't tell you is the race ECU requires the race harness and that doesn't have any provisions for a cooling fan, or lights. With the +09 you can plug a quick shifter into the stock harness, just choose push or pull depending on shift method (standard/GP)

So far as it goes TRACS is actually more robust then either the Bazzaz or PCIII and there is no piggie back to break, TRACS is just the tuning software for the race ECU.....sold separately of course.

If all you want is a tune a quickshifter the PC is probably a better option.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I'm not so worried about ECUs at this point. Just wanted opinions...and pros and cons. Gonna go sit on one soon.
Wanted to know some stuff... like, would I have to lower it with my 32" inseam ? I am only 5'7".
Any problems with them? I will be buying used.

·
Turbo nerd.
13,728 Posts
Well, I'm not so worried about ECUs at this point. Just wanted opinions...and pros and cons. Gonna go sit on one soon.
Wanted to know some stuff... like, would I have to lower it with my 32" inseam ? I am only 5'7".
Any problems with them? I will be buying used.
My inseam is 32", I've never had an issue handling it. I can't quite flat foot both sides at once, but I've never needed to either. Its fairly well balanced and as narrow as an 848/1098 ect. So its not terribly hard to maneuver.

The 2006 - 2008 were known to have R/R issues. Triumph in their wisdom mounted the regulator behind the battery tray facing the exhuast. Since its an SCR rectifier that runs hot ANYWAY there are numerous cases of it burning up. Its pretty easily fixed in the aftermarket with a MOSFET rectifier and a little wiring if you are worried about it. Some go, some don't.

There was also an issue with the CCT on the 06 and 07 but I'm pretty sure it got fixed by the 08 (more likely mid-run 07) and is also fixed with a $70 manual race unit. You should be able to hear the CCT if there is a problem, it makes a racket from maybe 4,000-7,000 RPM.

Other then that if you are a lighter guy you may want to think about a rear spring. Triumph put a 1.2 on a progressive linkage, so the sub-180lb gang felt it was FAR to stiff. Testing by [Flux] on Triumph675.net proved it, and he made plates (with or without drop) to rectify the situation....and if that doesn't work the Eibach spring for the bike is like $115 from Raceteck.

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
Yeah, if you have a 32" inseam there should never be a reason to lower any bike, EVER.

I have a freaking 28" inseam. (i'm 5'8", just have short legs, i guess) I've never felt the need to have to lower a bike at all. The 675 is a bit taller than average, but it's not bad at all. It helps that it's significantly narrower than the other 600 bikes.

But yeah, you should be able to get one foot down flat if you scoot to one side or the other, which is all you need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts