Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to work this afternoon I got stopped at a light. This just happens to be one of the most dangerous roads to drive on in my county, anyway as traffic was passing I noticed a motorcycle and when he passed by I noticed he had his 5-6 yr old kid on the bike. He had the kid between him and the gas tank. At least the kid had a helmet on, dad didnt. I just thought it looked so unsafe and it just really surprised me how stupid some people can be. Now before I get flamed for this, I could see maybe doing this in neighborhood type street but not on a busy 6 lane highway. Anyway just surprising thats all.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thata a form of child endangerment imo

·
Registered
72 Posts
yea ive heard of people doing this as well.............VERY dangerous.........

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
Yeah, I give my 6 year old rides between me and my tank, but only in our apartment complex / neighborhood, and never out of first gear.. I dont think I will take him on the streets until he is at least 10.. I'm saving for his first 25cc or 50cc right now.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
My 7 year-old rides with me on trips of 1 hour or more...my 4 year-old gets trips around the circle...after 2 or three years of around the block, when she has learned to sit still and concentrate on the line, she will get to go farther, in her gear, like her sister does.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I remember seeing a guy on a poker run that had five little kids on his Harley with him. One sat on the back seat, two sat on the gas tank in front of him, and two were in his sidecar. He called it "the family station wagon."

He only took them around the block.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
hozhead said:
I insist on the neighborhood kids sitting on my front fender becuase its a shorter distance to the ground if something happens. :idea
yeah, and make sure their shoelaces are untied, and dangle into the spokes to make that cool rat-a-tat-tat-tat sound.. huh? :lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts