Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in getting a tailbag for my FZ6. The one that really catches my eye is the Cortech Sport Tailbag. Does anyone use this bag on their FZ6? If so, how does it install? Does it just strap on underneath the seat? I just want to make sure it will not interfere with the exhaust pipes when it's intstalled.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like the looks of it too. Liked it so much I ordered one. It should be here the 14th. I'll post a pic when I get it installed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a blue one on my silver FZ6. It took a while to find just the right place to hook the elastic straps to, and I ended up doubling them up and attaching two to the brackets for the passenger pegs. The bag comes with a non-slip pad that helps hold it in place, although it tends to bunch up a bit. The sides expand if you open the zippers up. I can cram a lot into that little bag, and it looks like it should be there. Only downside to a tailbag that high is that it tests your ability to swing your leg that high to mount/dismount.

The Cortech is inexpensive, and worth it.

BBob

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information. I ended up getting a rearseat bag from:

www.rka-luggage.com

I like their method of attaching the bag to the seat instead of using the bungee cord method. It was a little more expensive but I think it will be worth it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes, please post some pics. I still can't decide on lugagge myself. I've been thinking more about the Givi hard case though. You get security and water tightness. I know most other types of soft luggage comes with little slip on rain covers but those can blow off...or so I have read. Provide a little feedback about the luggage okay? How well they hold on, catching wind, etc.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will definitely let you know how I like it once I receive it. I only ordered the 16 liter tailbag. I don't do much touring so I just need the extra storage for when I am riding to work. I also use a tankbag so between the two pieces I should have plenty of room, plus the tailbag will come in handy on weekends when I mount my video camera to my tank and can not use my tankbag.

·
POP
490 Posts
Got my Cortech tailbag late last week and have been gone all weekend so I didn't get a chance to put it on. I'll try to post some pics tonight though.

·
POP
490 Posts
I took some pic's of mine yesterday but they didn't turn out worth a crap.
As far as the tailbag goes, so far so good. I like the look of cornman's tank bag. May have to order that with the saddlebags when the time comes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't think a helmet will fit, but the sides zip open for about another 3-4 inches of room on each side. The tank bag is what they call their super mini tank bag. I tried a couple of other larger ones and they didn't fit well on the tank. I got it a newenough.com for $49.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I finally got around to putting my RKA tailbag on. It goes on easy and fits very snug. This bag will be perfect for when I want to mount my mini dv recorder on the tank. The quality of the bag is A+. It has a lifetime warranty. It cost ~$90 but it is well worth it. The thing that kept me from getting the Cortech bag was the bungee cord attachment system...not too crazy about it.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
kevinmcdade said:
I finally got around to putting my RKA tailbag on. It goes on easy and fits very snug. This bag will be perfect for when I want to mount my mini dv recorder on the tank. The quality of the bag is A+. It has a lifetime warranty. It cost ~$90 but it is well worth it. The thing that kept me from getting the Cortech bag was the bungee cord attachment system...not too crazy about it.
what size RKA tailbag is that?......I really like the small form factor. :headbang

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Wasp Rider said:
what size RKA tailbag is that?......I really like the small form factor. :headbang
It's the 16 liter bag that they offer. I love the small form factor that it has if I just need to put my cell phone, wallet, and a couple of bottles of water in it but it also expands to be a pretty nice size bag if I need to put a change of clothes in it. They offer a nice range of different size bags (tank, tail, and saddle). You can check out all of their products at: www.rka-luggage.com.

·
Registered
41 Posts
kevinmcdade said:
It's the 16 liter bag that they offer. I love the small form factor that it has if I just need to put my cell phone, wallet, and a couple of bottles of water in it but it also expands to be a pretty nice size bag if I need to put a change of clothes in it. They offer a nice range of different size bags (tank, tail, and saddle). You can check out all of their products at: www.rka-luggage.com.
Thx, im going to take a look at them :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here is a pic of the Cortech Saddle and Tail bag. Extremely easy to install, no seat removal is necessary, although if it were permenant - I would probably do that. Both the Tail and the Saddle bags are 'expandable'. With the Saddlebags on, it is difficult to expand the Tail to either side, as there is hardly any room to maneuver the zipper around the bottom of the bag.

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
I've got the same setup as KimsChance. Absolutly love it. Easy to take on and off. Easy to seperate out and ride with either just the tail bag or just the saddles.

I did notice it's harder to get on and off with trying to swing a leg over the tail bag. There's a simple cheat for that though. Just make sure the bike is stable, step onto the footpeg, and then kick the leg over. That 6 or 8 inches makes it no problem.

The only other thing I've noticed is that on long road trips I have to make sure the bottom of my jacket is pulled all the way down before I hit the road. The tail bag does something to the wind pattern tends to throw wind up your back and lift your jacket. As long as my jacket is pulled down I don't even notice the wind change. Like I said if I make sure my jacket is pulled down it's no biggie.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Mine, before I sold the bike. It will also work with out taking the seat cowl off if you have one, just adjust the bungies.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts