Sport Bikes banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a Corbin on their Honda? I'm looking purchase one in the near future because of the 60 mile round trip to work, and the pain is starting to get to be annoying. www.corbin.com has them for $199. Anybody know of any other vendors with better deals?

·
I am very sensitive.
979 Posts
Not sure about better deals, but some peeps like the Sargents, think that is how it is spelled, better than Corbin.

I have a Corbin on my F2, it rocks. I got it off Ebay for $50 and had it recovered, even with that expense it was still cheaper than me buying a new one.

I have sat on a F4i with the factory seat, like setting on ply wood.

·
Are we not men?
9,021 Posts
There's one seller on ebay that sells Corbin seats, but they're generally no cheaper than ordering direct from Corbin. They only carry a generic seat also, if you want anything like colored piping or different patterned panels, you'll have to go through Corbin.

I loved the one I had on my F2, and the one on my F4i is just as good, much more comfortable than stock, though I had gotten used to the stocker.

I've heard good things about Sargent seats. The main reason I didn't go that route was that I had to send my seat to get it redone, which would've laid me up until it came back - unacceptable. Maybe they have seats ready on an exchange basis now, that would be easier to deal with.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've had mine on my 954 for a while now...stock honda seats are like sitting on concrete. I'd definately recommend Corbin...you get what you pay for.

Last friday a bud and I did about 340 miles up to bike week in Laconia and back...my ass was fine!! =)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Ive got one on my F4. Its much better then stock. My buddy rides an F4 with a stock seat and he always hurts worse then me after a long ride.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yea I hate my stock seat on my 954. My ass hurts all the time after riding it. So does the corbin seat look like the stock seat? Also the best place to check them out is corbin.com right?

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Unless you can find a better deal on ebay perhaps, a Corbin for the driver seat is going to cost approx $199.99 (an F4 seat is obviously going to cost more).

First off, a Corbin seat is not going to be cushy and plush. It is just as hard as the stock seat. However, what it does is put you in a much better riding position. Due to the widening and dishing, a Corbin will look a little different than your stock seat.

If you get a Corbin from a local dealer, I believe, what you will get is the carbon-fiber leather, carbon-fiber vinyl sides, with RED PIPING (welt stitch).

If you call Corbin directly they will make one to your specifications. I called Corbin directly for mine and had them make it like this:

carbon-fiber leather top
smooth vinyl sides
top stitch (ie no piping...just a flat stitch)

I went with the top stitch because I really didn't care for the piping or the welt stitch...I just wanted a plain flat stitch.

If you plan on calling Corbin directly ask for Chad. He is the manager at the Florida location (800)223-4332. I was in a rush because I was leaving for a trip from WI to KY and Sargent Cycle (seats) bailed on my custom seat at the last minute so I called Corbin directly and ended up speaking with Chad. Normally any Corbin seat (if not already made) will take 3 weeks. I told Chad my situation and he got it in production that same day. He shipped it out 3rd day shipping and I had it in under a week.

BTW, my ass didn't hurt much at all during my round trip from WI to KY...all 1300 miles of it.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Moses said:
...If you plan on calling Corbin directly ask for Chad. He is the manager at the Florida location (800)223-4332. I was in a rush because I was leaving for a trip from WI to KY and Sargent Cycle (seats) bailed on my custom seat at the last minute so I called Corbin directly and ended up speaking with Chad. Normally any Corbin seat (if not already made) will take 3 weeks. I told Chad my situation and he got it in production that same day. He shipped it out 3rd day shipping and I had it in under a week.

BTW, my ass didn't hurt much at all during my round trip from WI to KY...all 1300 miles of it.
Thanks for the informative post! :cheers

·
sacrilicious
752 Posts
you could just eat more, get a fatter butt, and it wouldn't hurt as much. i put 1500 miles on my 954 the week i got it. stock seat. it didn't bother me much. BUT, if i wanna put a passenger on the back, i gotta get it fixxed. i've had complaints.

maybe i could get them to sit in front, and just face me. i got soft thighs. yeah, that'll work.

·
Registered
31 Posts
But my bike is lowered and I think the guy I bought it from stiffened up the suspension because my bike rides a lot rougher then my buddys 01 F4i.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't have one for my 929, however I've thought about it often. At one point a few years ago I rode a buddy's 929 with a corbin. Aside of the hardness of the Honda seat, I like the feeling of sitting "on" the bike. I found the corbin to make me feel like I was sitting "in" the bike and didn't really like the change in ergos. What I have seen done on several occasions is people take their existing stock seat, carefully remove the vinyl, shave off 2ish inches of padding and replace said padding with some softer padding that can be bought at a craft store. Then, replace the vinyl on your new softer seat. Seems like not too bad an idea, and it's certainly cheaper than buying a Corbin or Sargent. Worst case, you just put the foam you cut out back on there and you're back to square 1.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a corbin on my f4i...I just took it off because it's skinnier and easier for me to ride with the stock seat afterall, but the corbin seat is more comfy. I just decided to keep the stock seat instead of the corbin seat yesterday. I plan on selling it PM me for more info.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I have a Corbin on my RC51. As far as comfort goes, the seat is great. It may not feel soft when you initially seat on it, but trust me, you'll find it comfortable when you ride on it. The one down to the seat though is because of the way it is shaped it makes it hard to hang off of the seat when riding aggressive through corners.

·
Professional Mixologist
479 Posts
I have one on my 954, and I love it. In no way is it soft. It is just as hard as the stock, but it holds you in position. I would definitly recommend this seat to any Honda owner.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not much available yet for the CBR1000RR, my girl always complains about the seat hurting her, Im fine. Road 200 miles the other day, she thought she was gonna die. Im looking to get something to remedy it, any suggestions?

·
sacrilicious
752 Posts
red beans and rice. Tell that girl to fatten that butt up.

the first day i had my honda i rode about 300+ miles, since then, i've been on 600 mile excursions. sure it hurts a bit, but wait for the Iron Butt Rally. 3000 miles. i'm down, anyone else? 3-4 day's max. we can do it. c'mon!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts