Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
eprior said:
In case anyone missed it in the other post, the Corbin seat for the FZ6 is now available. Attached are some photos of the one I had them make for me. It should be on their website soon.
How comfortable is it compared to stock? Is it worth the $$$?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Okay here are some pics I took this evening after installing the Corbin seat and Cowl back from them..... I got pictures do not do this seat justice and I sat on it in the driveway and wow it fits my rear better. Oh yeah they tossed in a free seatback and also they covered my cowl padding to match.

Attachments

·
Registered
858 Posts
Few more Pics.....

Attachments

·
Registered
858 Posts
Last set of Pics but I got more if anyone looking for anything in particular just ask.

Attachments

·
jess wanna ryd
315 Posts
:3eek :phatyo That's Awesome WTVa (Worth the wait no?) :lol
ceek

·
Registered
858 Posts
Ceek said:
:3eek :phatyo That's Awesome WTVa (Worth the wait no?) :lol
ceek
:lol I will have to say it was worth the wait and I only had to live without my seat cowl a few weeks which I wasn't really using and I got all this back for free.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Now is that the Gunfighter & Lady Saddle they show on their website for 379$

·
Registered
858 Posts
Ralph said:
Corbin really did take care of your ass
And the matching seat cowl looks great.
Yes they did thats for sure... took a week to get it shipped UPS from the west coast, seemed like forever.

HamsFZ6 said:
Even though St. Patricks Day was yesterday, I'm still green with envy. It looks really nice. Is your bike the first with the Corbins on it?
No actually the second with a corbin the first was Eprior his is the one that modeled it on the corbin web site :lol

Shadow_Can said:
You'll have to let us know what a passenger thinks of the seat and backrest. I know my wife is curious.
Yeah that could be hard since I seldom have a 2up partner on the bike thus I got the seat cowl. I know a few other have already ordered a seat but have not gotten them yet.

Hippie said:
Now is that the Gunfighter & Lady Saddle they show on their website
Yes its basically the stock seat (Gunfighter & Lady Saddle fitted with the rear support) with modification to meet my needs. I had them shave it down some to lower it and also shaved the sides for my legs to be able to reach the ground better, I picked the glossy carbon fiber leather for the seating areas and then used carbon fiber vinyl on the side areas and had them use carbon fiber silver piping around the seating areas of for the front and rear and around the cowl padding and rear back rest. Oh also had them move the rise forward 1 1/2" similar to Eprior since I sit more toward the tank which seemed to work out great.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can someone tell me how much the Corbin seat with the detachable backrest costs? I am interested in getting one if they aren't too much.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
676 Posts
You'd have to call Corbin and ask them how much for the cowl pad. That's a special made item. Knowing Corbin's pricing structure, I'd estimate about $60.

Above is a picture of my wife's 636 with Corbin seat and cheap cowl pad. It's just a dense rubber stick-on item from Radpadz...about $28.

Radpadz

1 - 20 of 44 Posts