Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this might be of interest to someone in California.

I have been emailing Corbin about a seat for the FZ6. They do not have one as they do not have an FZ6 to look at. They will give a free seat to someone who is willing to leave their bike with them for 4 weeks, so they can design a mold for the seat pan.

Rennsport

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hmm... a free seat for 4 weeks without a bike?... Tempting, but I don't think I could justify it to myself at the moment. Maybe when the rains start, if nobody else has stepped up. Where in CA are they located?

Thanks though, for the offer and for pushing them to make our seat sooner. :)

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IronChefCJP said:
I might be interested, but I gotta know where they are in CA
Hollister CA

·
Registered
155 Posts
Someone DO IT.

I want a new saddle. :(

·
Registered
171 Posts
They should be able to make a new seat without the bike being their. They should be able to do everything if they have a seat to copy and work with. And once they have a proto then someone would just need to stop buy and see how it fits and so they can make any adjustments they need. I can't imagine that someone left their bike with them for a month for evey saddle they have made.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I emailed them recently and they said...
Sent : Thursday, July 29, 2004 7:17 AM
To : [email protected]
Subject : Re: WWW Product Request

| | | Inbox

Thanks for the inquiry, the FZ6 is on the to do list now. You will probably
see something this fall. Keep checking the website.
Bruce.
Maybe they've gotten one since then. I've heard of them but never known anyone that's had a seat on their ride. Are they that comfortable and how about their price? I'm considering the gel seat, but may hold out if the price and comfort is gonna be worth the wait.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Oilburner,
don't assume that they have a bike from that email. I got the same email from them four months ago and they still don't have one.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wyd said:
They should be able to make a new seat without the bike being their. They should be able to do everything if they have a seat to copy and work with. And once they have a proto then someone would just need to stop buy and see how it fits and so they can make any adjustments they need. I can't imagine that someone left their bike with them for a month for evey saddle they have made.

Well not every bike made. Some bikes among brands probably share the same seat pan or close to it. But for new models, this is how it is often done. Same with aftermarket windscreen makers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts