·
Registered
569 Posts
Get a lawyer.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wasn't me, happened in california I believe. But if I were one of the people I would be fighting it, I don't know what actually constitutes entrapment but maybe a cop on the board to clarify it for us.

·
Registered
454 Posts
yeah, i would fight that as well. just about every motorcyclist I have known passes on the double yellow if it is a slow moving vehicle and there is a clear road ahead. even old dudes on Goldwings. What a crock that the police set up a "sting" operation just to catch the riders doing this.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Jackal79 said:
That is called entrapment. It is illegal.

+1............. My Step Dad is a retired Police Chief and I posed this question to him before. He told me that it was entrapment, also that these officers are in violation of safety hazard by making traffic do less then what the speed limit is posted. By delibatly causing ppl to pass in a no passing zone to maintain hiway or freeway speeds But he also told me that even tho it is illegel, that no one is going to enforce it. If they do take you to court over it, it's always your word against the po po, and we all know who wins. They can just state that they were doing the speed limit and you passed them illegaly. It works everytime!

·
Registered
65 Posts
"ENTRAPMENT - A person is 'entrapped' when he is induced or persuaded by law enforcement officers or their agents to commit a crime that he had no previous intent to commit; and the law as a matter of policy forbids conviction in such a case."

Classic case. I smell bacon cooking.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Cops really must be bored- down at Oscars (near Milwaukee) yesterday night there were 3 or them just sitting around telling bikers to leave. Don't they have anything better to do? Nah, they'd probably just be setting up speed traps.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Captal said:
Cops really must be bored- down at Oscars (near Milwaukee) yesterday night there were 3 or them just sitting around telling bikers to leave. Don't they have anything better to do? Nah, they'd probably just be setting up speed traps.

Good Lord man, where have you been? When I was living in Milwaukee, the West Allis police (which ARE the biggest bunch of dick cops known to man :boid ) hit Oscars every ten mins. and NO, they dont have anything else better to do. Look that the Greenfield and Hales Corners cops. They can't WAIT for you to get into their district to pull you over for cruising. I was on my was home from work and I had a Greenfield cop TRY to give me a ticket for cruising, and I'd only been down Hwy 100 ONCE.

ohh and pardon my french... :)

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
well, i'd like the full story, as the link doesn't work, did the SUV go below the speed limit or the limit?

nobody made these guy's pass.....

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Try the link now Racer. I am not sure the speed of the SUV, from what I understand it seems they were going slow. how slow? I am not sure.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
i've seen that pic before........maybe even heard about. considering it was in '01

entrapment IMO, would depend on the speed he (SUV) was going

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do US cops pull every single machine off the road to spot check on race days? I remember a meeting at Scarborough wher Police pulled every single bike coming to the race on the A64 trunk road: all into a large carpark and handed fines out for tinted visors, small number plates, loud cans et al.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Tuffguy #2 said:
Man, i'm so glad to be living in the Carolinas. Cops leave bikers alone here.

I didn't even know you had cops there. Shit, I hit the NC boarder and go from 5 over the limit to 15 over the limit.

·
Professional Loser
319 Posts
Cops don't mess with us much here too. If they did I wouldn't stop for em anyways. I've had to deal with them way too much when not doing anything wrong that I just don't bother stopping anymore. It's way more fun to leave them behind anyways. Most every cop that ever pulled me over was a dickhead no matter what I was doing. Fortunatly not all of them are though because, I know many cops that are cool guys and great people. I'm not sticking around to find out which ones they are though.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Normally I'm a staunch defender of the law, but, god damn pigs. Looks how many were involved. Someone should have gone on a crime spree.

·
Registered
981 Posts
exup25th said:
Do US cops pull every single machine off the road to spot check on race days? I remember a meeting at Scarborough wher Police pulled every single bike coming to the race on the A64 trunk road: all into a large carpark and handed fines out for tinted visors, small number plates, loud cans et al.
tinted visors? what the hell?? thats like a cager getting pulled over for wearing sunglasses

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
BuRn__ said:
tinted visors? what the hell?? thats like a cager getting pulled over for wearing sunglasses
tinted visor's illegel in tx also , not enforced thank god. also you can't ride w/ your visor open , unless your wearing eye protection............ :nerd

1 - 20 of 34 Posts