Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Cool and Refreshing
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) WE all have had our run in with the law, and once in a while there are those cops that are just cool as hell and just let you off the hook when you know they could have nailed you ass. Whats your story.

I was going to my brothers house and at night and I was behind a slow truck, I thought there was a passing lane, but when I dropped a gear and hit it there was no passing lane and then a half mile down the road the highway turns into to a double lane and here comes 2 cars comming up on me really fast. I wasnt speeding or anything. Then here comes the blue lights, they pulled me for speeding and passing in a no passing zone, next thing I know we start bull shitting about bikes, me and 2 cops shooten the breeze, next thing I know they asked me to do a stand up down the road. I thought they were kidding, but they wasn't. So I busted a few stand ups and a couple of stoppies for the po po, and they let me go free and clear. :dblthumb

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
drunk myself a cop pulled me over for seeing 2 friends in the back of my truck while one is throwing up off the side of my truck... he pulled me over asked me to get out & while speaking to me away from my friends they were stashing the dozen beers we had.. so i tell him im a dsignated driver from a party we were just coming from & he lets us go.. wheewww those were the best tasting beers on the way home..

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
I posted this once already but since ya asked.
Three weeks ago I was coming to work after rushing home to get my forgotten laptop.
I was doing about 65 in a 55 and when I came up next to this gray Impala he all of a sudden accelerated right next to me. I was like get off me...kicked it down 2 and took off...I came up to the light and about 30 seconds later he comes flying up right on my back tire. I'm like WTF!! So I turn around and flip up my visor to see what was up. He looks like some young executive type and he was busy scribbling my license down. So the light turns green, I nail it and leave him so far behind he was now a small speck in my mirror. Thats when I noticed the flashing blue lights in his grill!!!!
Damn...I pull over...get off the bike, take off my gloves and Helmet and he then comes screeching up with siren wailing. He's like What the hell ya doing!!!
So I tell him my sorrow filled tale of balh blah blah...and he tells me he was gonna pull me at the intersection but I left him so quick he didn't have time...he then smiled and let me go. He wasn't an actual city/county...he was more of a State officer...like the SBI or something. Thank ya Mr. Lawman.

·
Registered
533 Posts
i dont really have any crazy stories but i was going 63 in a 40 in my old lexus and told the officer that i was just driving and not paying attention to the speed. he said if my car had wings i would have taken off... haha, but he just smiled and said to slow down, nice guy.

oh just remembered another one, me and a friend were... lets just say hotboxing the shit outta his truck and all the sudden we get lit up! we roll down the windows as the officer walks up to the driver window (i was passenger) he made a fake cough and just gave my friend a ticket for not having proof of insurance on him. lucky i guess.

·
3 cyl r bttr thn 4
2,470 Posts
Goin to work one mornin I hit the only nice long sweeper on my route. Leaned it over purty good. Stil at speed, I noticed a car comin as Im comin out the apex. Back off the throttle and lights come on. I pull over and she gets out and says the usual "u know why I pulled u". Yup, she clocked me at 65 in a 45 and said she didnt understand how I made it round that curve. Im tryin not to laugh, I was movin a bit more than that. SHe lets me go but askes me if I knew a person who rode "BLANK" and named "BLANK". She said they have been lookin for him due to speedin through that area. I told her nope and she asked me if I needed a note so I wouldnt get in trouble for being late to work. LOL. Im just glad she was cool, some do have tudes even if your a sensible rider and not bein an assclown :)

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Last summer when i had my old ex500 we were all hanging out in a parking lot in the city. guy on a gixxer1000 is doing burnouts, wheelies, stoppies, etc. so his friend(chick) asks to sit on my bike so i say "alright". next thing i know she starts moving(turned it on and started it, wtf). so she goes like 30yds, and tips it over, i cant slap the bitch but im pissed. so the guy on the gixxer offers to fix the damage, and offers to let me ride his gixxer1k. i say no, but he keeps pushin me to ride it so i oblige. next thing i know im going around the stadiums in the city, 25mph zone, wack it in 2nd gear and get going about 80 or so through a green light. perpendicular to me is a cop waiting at the light(didnt notice him, i was excited w/ the acceleration :) ) i get to the next light, look back and see the red/blues coming. hang a right, wack it in first(i was gonna run, dont know why)...front wheel comes up, im riding a fuckin first gear sit down on this dudes gixxer then decide to pull over. cops come up, long story short they say they can get me for about 13 different violations. cops-"whos bike is it" me-"i dont know sir, some guy thats over there"...cops-"so some guy u dont know let u ride his bike" me-"um, yeh" cop talkin to his partner-"look at all this rubber covering the plate, he musta been doin burnouts" me-"no sir, they were doing them in the parking lot, i wasnt"....so they check my permit, mind you this is at night....come back and say "if u want to speed, dont do it in the city"...they let me go. LMAO, i was nervous as hell, they coulda got me for felony evasion(only ran about a half mile) but they let me go. :headbang i had about 2 months experience on my ex500 at this point, so it was all very exciting/nerve racking.

·
Go #214!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2,390 Posts
Two days ago I got nailed doing 96 in a 65, but the cop told me since I pulled right over he wasn't going to give me a hard time and let me go

·
Registered
217 Posts

We were out rideing the other day when a kid in a honda civic pulls up next to a friend of mine and myself while we were at a stoplight. Light turns green and he takes off. I accelerate just as fast as him but no faster because I knew the cops in the city have nothing but time on they're hands.

Well we hit 45mph on a 35mph street and we all slow down and then cruise the next 2miles at the speed limit. Just as we pull up to another stop light we hear the siren and turn around to see a HPD cruiser behind us. The car was closest to the curb so he pulls over first and then we pull up in front of him. Well this A-hole cop goes around the car and sticks his car in bettween us at which point the civic pulls back onto the road and leaves.

Now we're pissed but we don't get any attitudes with the cop (yet) because we don't know why he has stopped us. He ends up keeping us there for an hour bitching at us about how he knows that we were drag raceing but he's going to be nice and give us Careless Driveing tickets instead and if we even think about fighting it he will amend it to Drag Raceing. This is when the attitudes come out because we both know he his full of shit. We told him that if we had really been drag raceing we wouldn't be standing there haveing this conversation because I know damn well his little SUV would have never caught us. But this A-Hole doesn't care, he just shrugs and walks back to his car.

This is a total B.S ticket. Sure we took off fast but we never did more than 10mph over the speed limit and being that he was 6 cars behind us (which he told us later, it was dusk and all I could see were headlights) he could not clock us so he is just going on what he seen and heard while sitting there. He said that we were loud and he could just tell what was going on. If he had given me a ticket for 10mph I would have paid it and not even made a big deal out of it because I know I was going that fast. But to give us careless which is 3points and $135 is total B.S!! :lame

So now we are fighting this and I find out tommorow what my attorney has to say.

Wes

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Speeding up this street around here the other day there was about 5 of us going 50 in a 30. We drove by a cop and the person in front thought we were going to get pulled over for sure, but I had the back of the pack and as I was going by he just waved at me and started driving the opposite way that we were heading.

That was about all my run ins with the police at this time, hopefully don't have any in the future.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was going down 295 in DC on the way to Maryland with 3 other guys on our bikes. I am second in line. We were cruisin along at about 85 when we see a cop on the side doing radar. First guy decides that since he was already doing 85 he might as well just kick it up and next thing I know we are doing 120. The other two guys hang back. Slow down like 5 minutes later and see our friends catch up. Cop didnt either bother doing anything. Glad I wasnt at home in No. VA. cause that cop would have definitely been chasing us even though I wouldve pulled over (Dont need a felony evasion).

In the car I was on 66 headed to friends house doing about 70 in a 55. Cop pulls on behind me so I slow down to 60-65. He tails me for about a good 3-4 minutes so I am little nervous thinking he is going to pull me over. Then he pulls up right beside me when I notice that my exit is coming up. I wasnt really trying to miss the exit so I decided that I would just pass (cut off) the cop and take my exit. So I speed up to 70 and cut him off and get ready to take my exit and then he decides to pull me over. He asked me what I was doing and I told him you were beside me and werent trying to let me take my exit so I had to pass you. Told me to slow down and let me on my way.

Been pulled over 3 more times. 2 for speeding and 1 for failure to stop at a stop sign. Damn I need to slow down.

·
Registered
206 Posts
When I lived in Rhode Island. My home state. I was driving in December. Windows down with Jingle bell Rock playing. Hey Im festive, what can I say. Anyway I had and uber loud system then. 2000 watts or so. So he pulls me, and tells me he pulled me for the loud music etc. Said he heard me coming before he saw me.
So I said, "Officer its Christmas, ya know." He said "Yeah thats why I pulled you over." Now Im thinking, "This cop needs to be shot, fucking prick." BUT I was jumping to conclusions. Young and mad, you know. Anyway he calls two other cops and a shift supervisor. Now Im shitting. Im thinking WTF did I do?
He walks over and says "Hey turn that back on, cause I knew they wouldnt believe me." So I did. So there we are me and three cops jamming to Christmas music in the 15 degree weather. They were bummed about working on Christmas. So that was a pick me up for them. That made me feel good. I felt even better about not get a ticket for the music being to loud.
I dont miss it though. Give me Florida any day. No more snow!

·
Registered
691 Posts
The night before Thanksgiving two years ago I got pulled for going 56 in a 25 through a little town. In PA you can lose your license for 30 mph over the speed limit. I was about the only person on the road and I wasn't causing any harm i guess. I was driving my parents explorer because I got a flat tire in my truck before I went out and just wasn't used to driving it. I see the cop I pass and look down and I am at about 52 mph. His lights came on and I pulled over and turned on my dome light. I gave him my license and he was like you still live at this address and I was like no sir. I forgot to give him my change of address card. I give him that and he says I work in that town some weekends and asks me exactly where I live. He gives me my stuff back and says have a good night and be careful. That would have been a hefty fine, points, and possibly a loss of license.

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
I don't have any cool stories because they have nailed me every time. The only thing is that last year I got a ticket for riding on my permit without supervision because my buddy was speeding. It was 5 points! I postponed the date and when I went to court the cop didn't show up so I got off. A few months ago I got a ticket for doing 89 in 65 on route 95. That was a 3 pointer. I postponed that as well and wouldn't you know it the cop didn't show up.

King Kong doesn't have shit on me. :twofinger

·
Registered
283 Posts
ScooobyDoo11 said:
Glad I wasnt at home in No. VA. cause that cop would have definitely been chasing us even though I wouldve pulled over (Dont need a felony evasion).
Nah, the cops are pretty laid back in NoVA as long as it's not speed-trap day.. Then they need tickets so bad they'll shoot your tires out if they need too.

I was stuck in a big cluster fark of traffic, and this one dude couldn't stay in his lane.. well anyways he almost nailed me and I got pissed.. I saw him weave back to the other side, made a nice little gap infront of all the cars, and I gunned it through all the cars.

Probably going about 110mph (just to put some space there :flipa).. and I got right past a cop sitting on the median (speed limit is 50mph) I think "OH FUCK OH FUCK".. Then I notice the guy turns his lights on, but can't pull out cause of that huge clusterfuck of traffic behind me. He probably radioed ahead, but it doesn't matter cause I got off at the next exit, pulled behind a gas station and read an entire issue of "Sport Rider" before getting back on the road. :headbang

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
It's nice to finally hear mostly positive stories.

Me and a buddy were riding our 750s south on I-95 a few years ago. He's leading and we're rolling about 100...
No traffic, late late at night...
I hate riding at speed at night 'cause your mirrors are useless...
Anyway, two State Troopers had been pacing us way back for miles.
They come hauling ass up on us and zap us with the lights and siren.
I pull over right away, my buddy doesn't see or hear 'em at first but pulls
over about a half mile ahead, with the other Trooper.

They were all excited and pissed, thought for sure we would run. The had a 'plan' already in place...

They bring my buddy back to my location in the back of the cruiser.
Oh shit, we're busted!
Trooper, 'Do you know what the speed limit is here!?'
Buddy, 'Well, I saw a sign back there that said 95, so I guess it's 95?' :chair :brick WTF?
We're dead....
The Troopers looked at us, looked at each other... and both busted out laughing! Never heard that before, I guess.
Said, well you were going a little over that! Slow it down!
Made him walk back to his bike but that was it!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Lemme see.... I've gotten pulled a bunch of times for various infractions. I'll give the latest 4 on the MC's.

May or June 2004, pulled for doing a sweet rolling endo on the highway (coming up to a red light with no traffic behind me). Cop was impressed with the stoppie, and the fact that I didn't run. Let me go with a little lecture. Later I hear how he told other cops that "it looked so cool, I couldn't write him a ticket". I knew him from when he was a SRO at my old HS. Three weeks later, I did another stoppie in front of my friend's house..... sure enough, the same cop was coming down the road and had to have seen me. Didn't stop though he did look. My friend said he was in a t-shirt, so maybe he was off duty.

October 2003, 2 days after getting my F4, I get pulled doing 65/35 on my way to the gym. She wrote me for 50/35 and I paid out of court. Probably impressed that I pulled directly over before she even had time to do a u-turn.

August 2001, I got pulled for doing 70/55 in the middle of nowhere on a Sunday evening on my F2 while riding back from a friends house who needed computer work done. Paid out of court figuring I'd been let off easy too many times.

August 2001, I got pulled for doing a wheelie away from a stoplight, then doing a stoppie before pulling into a gas station. Was pulled over at the station before I realized the cop was there and coming after me.

A couple weeks ago, I had two cops stop me in a parking lot. One was my friend who rides a ZZ-7R or something like that (naked bike), and his fellow cop friend on a 954. They had been to my house earlier looking for me..... they wanted my advice on learning wheelies and stoppies. ROFLMAO. The guy on the 954 says "Is this the guy that ------- pulled for doing and endo on 29?"

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
... I was in one of my Z-28 I had, a 79 with a 427 I sliped in place of the emmision motor. Windows up AC on screamin along doin over 160 (speedo was pegged) smokin a J with the gf had a fresh Bud between my legs havin a great time... until out of the corner of my eye I see a dark blue figure and whip my head around to see a MC Cop putting his radar gun away and in the mirror I see the headlight stand up as he comes off the kickstand and go "oh shit" slam on the brakes open the windows franticly start spraying "Ozium" in the car hand the beer to the gf and dart out of the car and stand at the rear spoiler trying to air the pot smell off me thinkin ok now Im screwed for sure... He don't look at all happy when he pulls up. Grabs his radar gun and goes into his speech "You know how FAST you were going??? I tried to babble something out about I didn't know because the speedo only went to... and he shoves the gums display in my face showing 162.3 mph! He just says "I don;t EVER want to see you speeding again." Only reason I'm letting you go is because you stopped. I should arrest you on the spot, but because you stopped I'll let you go. I said a well meant Thank You and he said drive carefully now, and remember what I said.... got back on the bike and off he went.
Me on the other hand needed fresh underwear and a coupla valiums or something to calm me down LOL :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts