Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was riding home from work the other day( don't have a MC lincense, just a permit) and I got pulled over for "speeding". I was behind some old lady goin 10 under the speed limit and as soon as she turned off I rippedon the throttle...Looked back at the stop sign and the sheriff was behind me with his lights on. Pulled over, turned the bike off & took the helmet off. Was honest with the cop when he asked where my other rider was since I don't have a MC license, told him I didnt have one. He got me goin 78 in a 45. He let me go and told me to be safe and "get your ass home"(thats a direct quote from his mouth lol). So I guess what I am saying here is 9 times outta 10 if you are nice to a cop they will be nice to you...be a dick and the ticket book comes out... No need to bash cops when they write you tickets...I learned my lesson early (thank god w/ a cool cop)... but there are always d-bags who will ruin it for us and give "crotch rockets" a bad rep...

· Registered
3,069 Posts
I've had good encounters, but I've also had shit ones.

Shit happens. Cops didn't bother us much in the kettles of Wisconsin. So when I came down to IN for college and I got pulled over in the middle of nowere was weird :/.

· Registered
3,069 Posts
Some states you need someone to ride with you when you only have a permit. Which is pretty stupid IMO.

Wisconsin was pretty much a full liscense. Exept you couldn't ride a night, or have a passanger.

· Registered
1,686 Posts
when i first started riding, i was pretty much a SQUID.

I had No permit no license, needed inspection but had insurance. Me and my good buddy, both of us are beginners was doing 65 on a 55 in heavy traffic with only jeans and long sleeve (very squidish) and next thing i know trooper is behind me. Im trying to figure out why, well, pulled off to the side, cop ask me for registration and lincense and said that i was doing 75 which is 20 over, what? Maybe i did.

anyways, So i told him that i have a permit and i left it at home (failed permit test twice because i refused to read the book, very squidish, pass on third try though, im a looser). then he looked at my inspection sticker, and i told him that i just bought the bike and is getting inspected the next day. Luckily since i was cooperative he only gave me a minor ticket for speeding and gave me a warning for my permit and inspection and i had to have it done away with in 7 days. He also said that i couldnt ride the bike home, and that i had to hop on with someone and have someone tow the bike or ride the bike home. So refusing to hop on with my buddy (4 balls on a bike is no no) he went home got his car and he road my bike home while i drove his car home.

phewww! pretty cool cop and i was lucky and never again will that happen. immediately the next day i got everything done and walked away with just the speeding ticket. i learned my lesson, and he saved me a few hundred dollars in fines.

I'm Ready for my verbal assaults now.:spank

· Registered
2,391 Posts

I had No permit no license, needed inspection but had insurance. Me and my good buddy, both of us are beginners was doing 65 on a 55 in heavy traffic with only jeans and long sleeve (very squidish again) and next thing i know trooper is behind me. Im trying to figure out why, well, pulled off to the side, cop ask me for registration and lincense and said that i was doing 75 which is 20 over, what? Maybe i did.

anyways, So i told him that i have a permit and i left it at home (failed permit test twice because i refused to read the book, very squidish, pass on third try though, im a looser). then he looked at my inspection sticker, and i told him that i just bought the bike and is getting inspected the next day. Luckily since i was cooperative he only gave me a minor ticket for speeding and gave me a warning for my permit and inspection and i had to have it done away with in 7 days. He also said that i couldnt ride the bike home, and that i had to hop on with someone and have someone tow the bike or ride the bike home. So refusing to hop on with my buddy (4 balls on a bike is no no) he went home got his car and he road my bike home while i drove his car home.

phewww! pretty cool cop and i was lucky and never again will that happen. immediately the next day i got everything done and walked away with just the speeding ticket. i learned my lesson., and He saved me a few hundred dollars in fines.

I'm Ready for my verbal assaults.
Your a tool.

j/k. We all had our stupid squid moments when we first started riding.

What I don't really get is why risk riding with just a permit instead of getting the mc license instead. MSF is the best way to do this. they practically give you the answers to the permit/written test so there's no chance of failing that part. Even on the riding test they are pretty easy (in my experience). There was an older lady in my MSF class who dropped her bike a couple of times and she still passed.

· Registered
1,686 Posts
Your a tool.

j/k. We all had our stupid squid moments when we first started riding.

What I don't really get is why risk riding with just a permit instead of getting the mc license instead. MSF is the best way to do this. they practically give you the answers to the permit/written test so there's no chance of failing that part. Even on the riding test they are pretty easy (in my experience). There was an older lady in my MSF class who dropped her bike a couple of times and she still passed.
As long as u don't drop it in the skill test or loose to many points than they will pass you. I got my license through MSF. honestly, its definitely is good stuff if u have never ridden before. You learn a lot of neww things.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR STARTERS!

· DeviL's Advocate...
4,362 Posts

I had No permit no license, needed inspection but had insurance. Me and my good buddy, both of us are beginners was doing 65 on a 55 in heavy traffic with only jeans and long sleeve (very squidish) and next thing i know trooper is behind me. Im trying to figure out why, well, pulled off to the side, cop ask me for registration and lincense and said that i was doing 75 which is 20 over, what? Maybe i did.

phewww! pretty cool cop and i was lucky and never again will that happen. immediately the next day i got everything done and walked away with just the speeding ticket. i learned my lesson, and he saved me a few hundred dollars in fines.

I'm Ready for my verbal assaults now.:spank
Man, you sound just like me. I started on an old junky 01 250R. No license, no insurance, no inspection, no learners, no gear, nothing. I slowly got a little more as the months went on. I went and got it inspected, then got insurance. A month later, I had my learners after failing the test twice because I also didn't read the book. I never had anyone to ride with, so I just road by myself. Then I got a new bike, new jacket, and gloves. Then I got a new bike, another new jacket, a new helmet, and my license. Now I am 100% legal, and I still ain't stoped for no coppers. :lao

· Turbo nerd.
13,737 Posts
Some states you need someone to ride with you when you only have a permit. Which is pretty stupid IMO.

Wisconsin was pretty much a full liscense. Exept you couldn't ride a night, or have a passanger.

You may call it stupid, but here they are giving people that can barely hold a bike up FULL LICENSES and turning them loose after a few hours in a parking lot. My GF just went through this. She hopped on the back of her bike and had me take her to a parking lot where she could get used to it a bit. She still won't take it on the road without me driving it, or riding in near proximity.

But she has an unrestricted license, and I couldn't teach her on her bike BEFORE she got the class because she couldn't get a plate for it with her permit, no insurance in New Jersey on a permit.

· Registered
794 Posts
Was riding home from work the other day( don't have a MC lincense, just a permit) and I got pulled over for "speeding". I was behind some old lady goin 10 under the speed limit and as soon as she turned off I rippedon the throttle...Looked back at the stop sign and the sheriff was behind me with his lights on. Pulled over, turned the bike off & took the helmet off. Was honest with the cop when he asked where my other rider was since I don't have a MC license, told him I didnt have one. He got me goin 78 in a 45. He let me go and told me to be safe and "get your ass home"(thats a direct quote from his mouth lol). So I guess what I am saying here is 9 times outta 10 if you are nice to a cop they will be nice to you...be a dick and the ticket book comes out... No need to bash cops when they write you tickets...I learned my lesson early (thank god w/ a cool cop)... but there are always d-bags who will ruin it for us and give "crotch rockets" a bad rep...
yeah your doin a pretty good job of this. 78 in a 45 doesnt look good in any cops eyes. nor does not having a license. so i would say your fittin the bill on that one

· Registered
3,069 Posts
In my case it wouldn't work, and the same reason possibly due to this.

I didn't know any other riders when I first started. So instead learning leagly by my self I would either not be able to ride, or ride illeagly.

· Awesomeness, Inc.
681 Posts
yeah your doin a pretty good job of this. 78 in a 45 doesnt look good in any cops eyes. nor does not having a license. so i would say your fittin the bill on that one
With only 500miles under your belt and you're already doing stupid shit like this. If you were on your buddy's "waste of money" and "what a joke" ninja 250, maybe you wouldnt have gotten pulled over, since you wouldn't be able to get up to 78mph as quickly. Another reason for not starting on a 600cc supersport.

This from reading your other post http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/new-rider-forums/424796-question-about-ninja-250-a.html#post4206363

· Registered
794 Posts
With only 500miles under your belt and you're already doing stupid shit like this. If you were on your buddy's "waste of money" and "what a joke" ninja 250, maybe you wouldnt have gotten pulled over, since you wouldn't be able to get up to 78mph as quickly. Another reason for not starting on a 600cc supersport.

This from reading your other post http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/new-rider-forums/424796-question-about-ninja-250-a.html#post4206363
ding ding ding. we have a winner. but he is super awesome because a 250 was a "POS" to him bc he is really skilled after 500 miles. Dude, your ARE that douche bag that gives us a bad name

· Registered
1,686 Posts
Man, you sound just like me. I started on an old junky 01 250R. No license, no insurance, no inspection, no learners, no gear, nothing. I slowly got a little more as the months went on. I went and got it inspected, then got insurance. A month later, I had my learners after failing the test twice because I also didn't read the book. I never had anyone to ride with, so I just road by myself. Then I got a new bike, new jacket, and gloves. Then I got a new bike, another new jacket, a new helmet, and my license. Now I am 100% legal, and I still ain't stoped for no coppers. :lao
you are on lucky son of a bitch.

· Banned
2,164 Posts
I've been pulled over only once in my life and that happened on my FZ about 8-ish weeks ago. He clocked me doing 45 in a 25 and I didn't even know the limit was 25. He only gave me a verbal warning and let me go.

Good thing you got lucky too ... low insurance cost and tickets don't go hand in hand.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.