Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my convertibars today. I will tackle them tomorrow. At the same time I will change the throttle cable to a GT250 cable and change the brake lines in the front to a longer one on top. The original front brake lines will have to go on the shelf. I have other more useful lines ready to go. I ordered a new clutch cable also but it is not in yet.

I will post pics as soon as I can.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Before installing the convertibars I put the stock clip ons on top of the tree. My wife is 5'2" so I had to drop the forks in the tree. Because of that I was able to move the clip ons. This was a temporary thing. Moving the stock bars moved them up two inches. The convertibars can go from stock height to 7 inches higher and back 2-3 inches. But you have to change cables and lengthen the wires or replace switches. I am changing to GT250 cables.

Shot with clip ons and top plate removed. Convertibars clamps on forks.

Bars on but not fully installed yet.

Side shot with convertibars.

This shows the difference in throttle cables between a GT250R(shorter cable) and the GT250 cable(longer one. The GT250 cable is 4 inches longer. I am still waiting on a clutch and choke cable.

·
Registered
29 Posts
any new pics on this ??
I love the hyosung bikes and I learned how to ride on my buddies 250. In the next month or 2 I want to pick up a 650r but my only complaint was the position of the the handlebarsIt made the ride a lil unforfortable due to my gut. I did like the position of the one on the naked version of this bike and thought man if only it were possible to have slightly higher handlebars like this one and I see here it is possible.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Convertibars for sale. I also have all cables needed for the swap. My wife is moving up to a 600.

PM me. if interested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts