Sport Bikes banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
matt365 said:
I think we all have stories like this.:(
I'm sure we do. But the question i have to ask is: If we all have stories like this, how come more isnt being done to deter this shit? I think it's time for more drastic action. Execute one person on the spot, and people will think twice.

(i dont really think this is the solution..... but this whole topic gets me mad as hell)

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I'm all for a law like that!

While I agree that their will be whiney people trying to get it overturned, I sure as hell hope no judge goes along with them.
That is by NO MEANS a cruel (or even un-called for) punishment. If anything, it is quite lenient considering that they aren't required to make themselves known at any point other than during the community service duty.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
There was just an incident that happened the other day. 35yr old guy racing in his 350z drinking Heinken (they showed the inside of the car) hit the barrier flipped over the highway and landed 40ft below in the dense woods, killed on impact.

There was also a case (i think it was a DUI) where a lady killed a kid while driving. Judge sentenced her to jail for a few years for vehicular manslaugther....but on top of that the judge order she keep a photograph of the kid on her at ALL times and if she was found without it her sentenced would be extended.

The story had caused a big debate about it. I'll have to see if I can find the thread.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
y2kddearth said:
California will start confiscating repeat offenders vehicles Jan 1, 2006.........
it's about f'king time!
Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney recently signed into law, "Melanie's Law". Repeat offenders vehicles are confiscated and sold. Six month suspension for first offense if you're 21 or older. If you're younger than 21 and are caught there's a mandatory 3 year suspension. On the third drunk driving conviction regardless of age, your license to operate a motor vehicle in Mass. is suspended indefinitely. That's enough to scare me from driving on Robitussin.

http://www.mass.gov/rmv/rmvnews/2005/melanies_law.pdf

·
Registered
18,622 Posts
mikem317 said:
Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney recently signed into law, "Melanie's Law". Repeat offenders vehicles are confiscated and sold. Six month suspension for first offense if you're 21 or older. If you're younger than 21 and are caught there's a mandatory 3 year suspension. On the third drunk driving conviction regardless of age, your license to operate a motor vehicle in Mass. is suspended indefinitely. That's enough to scare me from driving on Robitussin.

http://www.mass.gov/rmv/rmvnews/2005/melanies_law.pdf
I agree Mitt Romney.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
kevinwilly said:
I'm sure we do. But the question i have to ask is: If we all have stories like this, how come more isnt being done to deter this shit? I think it's time for more drastic action. Execute one person on the spot, and people will think twice.

(i dont really think this is the solution..... but this whole topic gets me mad as hell)

If we go to a further extreme people would be griping about violating rights and everything else.

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
93FZR1K said:
I guess the 3 strike rule doesnt apply to DUI's ?

Not to DUI because it is a misdemeanor. After the 3rd conviction for a DUI within a 10 year period you can charge every offense after that as a felony but it is still a traffic offense.

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
matt365 said:
I think we all have stories like this.:(

I had a buddy in HighSchool who got killed by a drunk driver. He was the passenger in his dads car when a drunk crossed into their lane, my buddies dad pulled into the oncoming lane to avoid a collision and at the last second the drunk pulled back in striking the passenger side door killing my friend...

One of my buddies aunts was killed at a crosswalk when a drunk struck her at 40+ mph. She was thrown down the street and the driver just sped off... He got arrested at his home later that night because there was too much evidence of blood on his car and damage from the impact. My buddies aunt was nearly unrecognizable.

I have several. One of my best friends was riding his HD to work one night. A drunk driver exited the interstate running 80+ mph in a Chevy S-10 and hit him square in the side. Friend was killed on impact.

In a hit and run case a guy hit my prized 1983 Pontiac Firebird in the driver side and ran me off of a bluff. Police later said alcohol was involved.

4 guys I played football with in high school were in a car one night and drunk and crashed....all 4 dead.

I have plenty more but it's too depressing.

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Fargin_Bastige said:
I all for any law against DUI. A drunk driver killed my father and f'ed up my leg. If you ask me, this is way too easy on them.

Sorry to hear bro!

I agree...might be too easy.

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
y2kddearth said:
California will start confiscating repeat offenders vehicles Jan 1, 2006.........
it's about f'king time!

TN. already does this and I have confiscated several!!

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
OFFICER737 said:
Not to DUI because it is a misdemeanor. After the 3rd conviction for a DUI within a 10 year period you can charge every offense after that as a felony but it is still a traffic offense.
That's the problem there. DUI's should be a felony.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts