Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one use Continental tires I am sick of my Dunlops 208's they wear to fast and never wear evenly. I can get the conti for $111.99 for the rear and $98.00 for the front. So any one have any experance with them?

·
Site Sponsor
1,639 Posts
I just ordered a rear (116 delivered). I'll have a report within a couple of weeks...seems like the reviews (what few reviews I could find) showed a nice tire that performs as well as can be expected for the price....

The 'hopper

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm not running them now (using Bridgestone), but I have heard alot of good things about the Conti's. I need to replace my rubber soon and Conti is what I plan on buying.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I put a Conti Force on the rear of my '04 GSXR 600 while I was waiting on the front to finish wearing. I bought the bike used and the kid I got it from did burnouts and ruined the OEM tire. After 2K miles there is maybe 20-25% wear and I have had no grip problems, but I have not pushed it too hard because I hated the front Dunlop. I have bought a new Conti Force front tire and I'm gonna have it and the rear mounted on my '02 VFR. I think it should be fine for the sport touring application and beyond, cause I can corner the VRF fairly aggressively.
As an aside, I had a set of the new Michelin Pilot Power tires put on the GSXR and IMO they have transformed the cornering, and my confidence in the bike. I got them this AM and the rear is worn to within 1/8" of the edge and I've not really had to try hard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts