Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
SuperBike Champion
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone has tried this or have some tips on how to match the different connectors?

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
Personally, I would try to use the old speedo's connector, find the wiring diagram for old and new, and splice in the old connector onto the new speedo so that it becomes a "plug & play".

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would love to see the final picture after this mod was done. On that link to the fz6 site they did not show pics. I know the fairing mold looks different where the old round display is. The new 07 and up guages look like you can really see them. My 04 is hard to read.

·
SuperBike Champion
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I updated the thread at the other forum. You don't need to go through the dirty job of splicing wires from the old harness if you get a 07+ harness with your 07+ speedo. They are plug-n-play :banana

BTW dmar, how you made your blinkers auto-off?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I drove both gauges (changed whole motorcycle to S2) and you cannot believe how much the fealed difference is with the new gauges. I really love the new one. I think this mod is worth every penny.

BR
Robert

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Odometer milage

Does the odometer mileage stay with the gauge or with the ECM?

I'd love to do this swap someday, but am curious if my odometer mileage will change if I swap the gauge cluster.

·
SuperBike Champion
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is stored in the gauge. So you will have to keep the old odometer for legal purposes until the mileage on the new one reaches above what your title states.

·
Registered
72 Posts
+1 That sure would be a nice feature!
I forget where I bought it, you may have to search online for it. The part is a solid state flasher. You have to intall springs in the blinker switch and install the new flasher. It took about two hours to do. The springs in the blinker switch was the hardest ( damn little springs). I also bought it so the rear running light feature, cool for extra visibility. I found the link for you guys
Safety Electronics For Motorcycles

·
Registered
589 Posts
Did you upgrade the fairing when doing this, or does the 07+ gauges fit into the 04-06 plastic reasonably well?

·
SuperBike Champion
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I upgraded the fairing first and fit the stock 06 speedo in there using metal brackets. Later I got a 07 speedo from ebay.

·
Wildcat Fanatic
1,519 Posts
Hey Crazy, here's another question for you. When you did the fairing swap to the '07 one, were the attachment points the same? Did you have to modify anything to get it to fit the '06 bike?

·
SuperBike Champion
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You need a 07+ front stay thats it. As for the side frame mount brackets, I just bent them to fit though I got the 07+ brackets later.

·
Registered
45 Posts
So with the 07+ front stay and brackets it is a direct swap for the 07+ fairing? The only reason I have not done the swap is I figured I would have to have some brackets made.

·
SuperBike Champion
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Brackets for mounting the old sppedi, not if you get a new speedo too.

·
SuperBike Champion
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
1 - 20 of 24 Posts