Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remembered seeing one of their bikes featured on one of those "Worlds Most Expensive Toys" or similar type of TV program some time ago and then accidentally stumbled across their site today.

Quite expensive and quite radical designs, but apparently their V-twin is touted as the fastest non-faired, naturally aspirated, pushrod on the planet.

Confederate Motorcycles

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I'm OK with the Hellcat, it looks OK to me................not >$50000 of OK, though

·
Registered
188 Posts
If you have a hundred grand to throw at a motorcycle, you have your choice of outrageously designed motorcycles from the Hellcat to the Boss Hoss V8. There's plenty of these small boutique one off builders who will build you anything as long as you supply the dough. You could even get Roland Sands or someone similar to design you something limited only by your imagination and pocket book.

In my opinion the really impressive new American motorcycle manufacturers are the ones currently investing in electric motorcycles. Zero, Brammo, MotoCzysz, Lightning, Mission. We are going to see some spectacular, unique, and innovative offerings from them over the next few years which will be faster then anything gasoline powered on the market today.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
If you have a hundred grand to throw at a motorcycle, you have your choice of outrageously designed motorcycles from the Hellcat to the Boss Hoss V8. There's plenty of these small boutique one off builders who will build you anything as long as you supply the dough. You could even get Roland Sands or someone similar to design you something limited only by your imagination and pocket book.

In my opinion the really impressive new American motorcycle manufacturers are the ones currently investing in electric motorcycles. Zero, Brammo, MotoCzysz, Lightning, Mission. We are going to see some spectacular, unique, and innovative offerings from them over the next few years which will be faster then anything gasoline powered on the market today.

The only way I can see this happening is if they're programming power delivery for every inch of the track. Meaning they will use the power they're making more effectively and have different "maps" for every corner.

Unless that happens, I don't see electric beating gasoline for power and speed anytime soon.

·
Registered
15,272 Posts
. Zero, Brammo, MotoCzysz, Lightning, Mission. We are going to see some spectacular, unique, and innovative offerings from them over the next few years which will be faster then anything gasoline powered on the market today.

I simply don't see battery tech making an acceptable range foreseeable

I need 450+ miles with a lot of it at a spirited pace

There's a reason I started with an electric RC car and switched to nitro. Even with a stack of batteries and a charger, electric didn't cut it for me in an RC car

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
What gas powered bike gets 450 miles to the tank?
None, but you can stop and fill up at any gas station and keep going.

I like EV's, but I would never buy one as a motorcycle. I prefer to ride out in the mountains and less populated areas; the last place in America to get a quick charge station. Perhaps in 50 years.
:treehug

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
"the fastest non-faired, naturally aspirated, pushrod on the planet."

Is that even something to brag about?

·
freetors
640 Posts
I think some aspects of the Confederate designs but it's really unfortunate that the ergonomics are pure torture racks. Reports I've read say that you wouldn't want to ride one more than 15 miles.

·
Shop Smart, Shop S-Mart!
1,135 Posts
I looked at some Zeros at the internat moto show, and I thought some of those bikes were nice.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The only way I can see this happening is if they're programming power delivery for every inch of the track. Meaning they will use the power they're making more effectively and have different "maps" for every corner.

Unless that happens, I don't see electric beating gasoline for power and speed anytime soon.
They are getting there. Lightning's motorcycle was the fastest motorcycle at pike's peak (gas or electric). MotoCzysz also has posted an almost 15 MPH average improvement in lap times at Isle of Man in just 3 years. They are averaging a 3-4 MPH increase in average lap time year over year, if the trend continues they will be at part with gas powered rivals within just a few years. These are really small companies too with limited development budgets.

·
Registered
188 Posts
None, but you can stop and fill up at any gas station and keep going.

I like EV's, but I would never buy one as a motorcycle. I prefer to ride out in the mountains and less populated areas; the last place in America to get a quick charge station. Perhaps in 50 years.
:treehug
The thing is there are plugs everywhere, even in off the beaten path sparsely populated areas. The infrastructure is already in place, you just need a charging station. Tesla's supercharger network will be in place by next year for coast to coast electric vehicle travel.

They will get there and it certainly won't take 50 years to do some spirited mountain rides and off the beaten path trails on a motorcycle.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Best part of electric IMO is the complete lack of maintenance. A break through in battery tech would make gas engines all but obsolete.

Anyhow.. The bikes on the first page... They all look like I'd hit a good bump and end up with my ass on the rear tire.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts