Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I buy cars
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering if any of you guys know how to change the default sizing of the internet explorer windows? What I mean, is that when I click a link that open a new window, instead of opening up a full screen window - it'll open a window that's been shrunk down to it's smallest size - then i have to maximize it every time, and it's getting old.

Is there a way to change the settings to make it open in the full screen (or close to it)?

Thanks

·
Registered
268 Posts
Umm, on my computer it simply opens up to the way you last had it. So, click a link and get the small window, then stretch the small window out to a larger size (don't use the maximize function). Close and re-open and see if that works.

·
I buy cars
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried that already - but I did test it again at your suggestion and it still didn't work! Really starting to piss me off. :angry

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hmph, if that doesn't work I don't know what to tell you...how are you doing it? Make sure you only have two windows open (one maximized - the one with the 'link' you're clicking). Drag the corners out or move the box to where you want it, then close it with the "X" and re-open, should be in the same place... if that doesn't work your computer is whack :lol. I just tested it and it works on my Dell with XP, and my work laptop with Win 98. Obviously you're running windows, so I dunno why this wouldn't work

·
I buy cars
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, that used to work on my old computer, but I'm running a brand new sony vaio with xp, so I don't think the operating system is the problem.

·
Registered
533 Posts
sometimes internet explorer does crazy things when your temporary files are full, try to delete them and resize the window and hopefully it will stay

·
I buy cars
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
chesus said:
sometimes internet explorer does crazy things when your temporary files are full, try to delete them and resize the window and hopefully it will stay
That musta been the problem - I emptied the temp files and the deleted the cookies, and wa-lah! it fixed my problem. Thanks!

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Krazy Hawaiian said:
when the winda is small drag it to max size as you like it then hold ctrl and close it now it will be that size when ya open it next time :D

Wow. That works. Excellent work. I learned something new today.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts