Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem here, my computer will be ruinning normally and all of a sudden the screen will "blink" a lil and the border will shade to light blue as if you had clicked on something else running behind the one you have up. I go to the task mgr and there will be like 10 IEXPLORE.EXE files running. I use Mozilla Firefox as a browser. I have exhausted all my means. I have used Adware 6.0 and SpyBot S&D and have came back with the usual "Cydoor" and bot things but it still does it. It is to the point where ill be in a game of TFC or CS and itll boot me out to the desktop screen. MID GAME!!! how pissed would you be if you couldnt even play a freakin game because of these "invisable" pop ups. They NEVER show on the screen they just run in secret mode. They DO run though because the #'s jump around on the CPU useage meter. I dunno what to do....can anyone help me or explain what this is? I have nothing out of the ordinary installed on my PC except Morphius. I am at a loss here can anyone help?

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/download

This is called a2. I am pretty good with keeping my PC clean but had some spyware i could not find. This software found it where none of the others did. Good luck. You have to provide an email address to get a registration number but I have never been spammed from them.

·
Female Butt Lover!!
3,640 Posts
You could also try the Microsoft spyware. It seems to find some different things also...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Krazy Hawaiian told me about a HiJackThis program. You can download it at www.download.com . If you don't know anything about the registery of the computer, don't delete anything. You can just make a log of it (it'll show you how) and then you can post your log on www.tomcoyote.org. They'll show you how to fix your computer by looking at the log. I'm going through the same thing right now! Damn Spybots!

Also, I have a thread I just posted here:
http://forums.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=287743

There is some helpful information there. Hope this helps you out!

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
www.spywarewarrior.net

they will analyze your hijack this log and tell you what needs to go otherwise HJT can screw you it is a very small yet powerfull program.

just go to their forum area and they have a sub forum for HJT log files. Also they use the information to devolp software if they find something new on your system.

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
Definately spyware popping shit up. You say it detects Cydoor? Does it remove it?

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes it removes it also.

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
get firefox while you're at it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
He's already running that.

You're using my preferred anti-spyware combo in AdAware and Spybot. Check through your control panel to see if anything that looks fishy comes up in add/remove programs. Also, start->run->msconfig. The farthest right tab is "Startup". Go ahead and list the contents and i'll take a look to see if anything nasty is set to load on startup.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Iluvmy929 said:
Krazy Hawaiian told me about a HiJackThis program. You can download it at www.download.com . If you don't know anything about the registery of the computer, don't delete anything. You can just make a log of it (it'll show you how) and then you can post your log on www.tomcoyote.org. They'll show you how to fix your computer by looking at the log. I'm going through the same thing right now! Damn Spybots!

Be very careful w/ HijackThis. It allows you to more easily edit your Windows Registry which should only be done by intermediate and advanced users only.

I recommend using the Microsoft AntiSpyware client. It's still in Beta 1, but it works very well. Google it.

·
mmm mmm good...
6,958 Posts
What kind box you running?

Dell, HP,...I can only assume you didn't build it. It would help if you had some specs to post (CPU, mobo, PSU, RAM). Spyware can do this (the 10 IEXPLORER.EXE processes), but you obviously haven't checked for system stability. If you don't find anymore crapware, run Prime95 for 24 hours, then follow up with memtest86 for 24 hours. This checkes your hardware and verifies functionality/compatibilty.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Iluvmy929 said:

Right on!!! Toms place rules!! They helped me so much I went into there school and started helping, but recently been too sick to do much so I missed out a few weeks which put me at the begginer stage again (Tom's Rules stay up or start over because it changes too fast)

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i built my system its a AMD Athelon XP 1800 I run Windows XP Pro and i have an 80 gig HD with 512 MB of Ram Invidin G-force 4 card etc etc!! I pulled the MSCONFIG command and it has a ton of shit including somethingh written in asian??!! I have no idea what to do. What NEEDS to pop up on start up...that or how do you get where you can show what you see in that>? I cant printscrn for some reason??!! it just has never worked.

·
Owned by marriage
1,190 Posts
firewall and turn off windows messanger (<--- not MSN but windows messanger, its in the admin tools, services, in your control panel.)

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ILL TRY THAT, i hope it works this shit is rediculious

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Reckless01 said:
ILL TRY THAT, i hope it works this shit is rediculious
Run HijackThis.exe, but don't make any edits to the Registry. Post the log here so either myself or somebody else that's knowledgeable can be of assistance. Google HijackThis. Run it, but don't check-off any objects to be purged.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts