Sport Bikes banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the ZX6R definantly is sportier, but what are the major differences in the two? is the motor the same? Im kind of a noob on the subject of bikes if you couldnt tell.lol. I would rather have something that looks more like the ZX6R Is there anything you can do to make the ZX6 look better? Im sorry for all the questions but I could get a good deal if I move soon and I wanna ask a few questions before I make a move. :cheers
-Aaron

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
in 2000? I don't think there were 2 different ZX6(r)'s - It was just the ZX600J Ninja from 00-02 aka ZX6R (and now 05 to 07 ZZR is also the same bike).

·
runnin dis bish
2,024 Posts
Is that when the E and R were still around? Meaning the E was the banana seat more Sport Touring style and the R was the sport version?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Newb rider, don't go for the R if its a first bike! Most on this bored will tell you not to go for anything with 600ccs period, but I still say don't go with the R cause it will be more uncomfortable and harder to learn on

and Welcome to SBN! :twofinger <--standard greeting

·
Dental Rider
381 Posts
Not sure how it is for the 2000 models but for the F-series there significant differences all around between the ZX-6 and ZX-6R. This link covers it pretty well:

http://www.tappedin.com/hop/html/zx6ser.htm

I would assume that Kawasaki followed a similar trend for the next gen models.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the links guys, They did help. I think Im going to try to pick the bike up at the begining of next week. You guys will probably be seeing me around here more and more now! lol.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
auh said:
Most on this bored will tell you not to go for anything with 600ccs period,

Really? Why? I understand not getting a 600 Sportbike for a persons 1st bike but not a 600 at all?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Newb rider, don't go for the R if its a first bike! Most on this bored will tell you not to go for anything with 600ccs period, but I still say don't go with the R cause it will be more uncomfortable and harder to learn on

and Welcome to SBN! :twofinger <--standard greeting
You think that's dangerous? Lol, I'm putting a Zx6r engine on a go kart that weight 40kg😂

1 - 10 of 10 Posts