Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why can't women just tell us (men) what they want or don't want.....
why does everything have to be so damn complicated - don't give us "hints" just tell us what you want us to know or do or not do.....

this is just a generalization and isn't meant for anyone in particular.....or is it.....

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Hey- there's no fun in just TELLING a man what you want... make him guess, watch him sweat... hmmmm.... sweat.... I like sweaty men!!!!

yeah yeah just kidding! About the guessing part anyways!

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
It's because we want to see if you really know us or not. Giving you the answers is cheating....In the end, "if he cares, he'll notice" is the way it works. Pay closer attention next time!!! :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
I agree. If we have to tell you, it's almost like a disappointment. If you guess or just do it on your own, we know you really are paying attention and that you're trying to show thoughtfulness.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Sometimes that backfires though -- we really do think differently. When you try to interpret male actions/reactions through a female lens, both people can get hurt.

You have no idea how much misery the word "fine" caused me in the beginning of my marriage. To a man, "fine" is a synonym for good, nice. To my wife, apparently fine is one step up from repulsive. And it doesn't matter how many times I say, "no, I mean fine in the dictionary definition, good."

·
Registered
832 Posts
I tell my husband what I want, and sometimes I get it sometimes I don't. like my wedding ring I told him what I wanted he got me it but b***** I'm not going to complain.but then again he tells me what he wants and then he gets it

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ecir said:
hahahah Clay give it up! you have a better chance solving world hunger
:eek:nfloor :eek:nfloor :phatyo

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
In my case, I do tell him things but it gets annoying when I have to repeat it day in and day out, week after week, month after month. I mean if you don't get it after that, let me know you don't get it, don;t just brush me off like you understand but then your actions show different. Other times I don't say because I assume it's common sense. Everyone knows what happens when you ass-u-me :rolleyes

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
blndebmbr said:
It's because we want to see if you really know us or not. Giving you the answers is cheating....In the end, "if he cares, he'll notice" is the way it works. Pay closer attention next time!!! :)

Oh, Did you say something?...I'm sorry, I was thinking about something and I didn't hear anything you said... :eek:nfloor

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
bumblebee said:
Oh, Did you say something?...I'm sorry, I was thinking about something and I didn't hear anything you said... :eek:nfloor
That's because I wasn't speaking-I was typing and you were reading!!! :lao

On the backfire note, I will never chastise my guy for trying. I understand we speak different languages, all I ask for is the effort. If a woman chastises the effort SHE is wrong, not him. But then again that is me and my opinion.

Yup, Hawker is a very lucky man!!!!! :banana

·
$460 gets a Japbike
676 Posts
snoflk said:
I tell my husband what I want, and sometimes I get it sometimes I don't. like my wedding ring I told him what I wanted he got me it but b***** I'm not going to complain.but then again he tells me what he wants and then he gets it
yeah he needs a front tire........ ;)

·
Registered
832 Posts
UK_R6 said:
yeah he needs a front tire........ ;)

so do i and new phones to **beep beep **

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
I call it "selective" hearing :D

huh? what?

:lol

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
blndebmbr said:
I understand we speak different languages, all I ask for is the effort.
Have you or anyone here read the book The Five Love Languages by Dr. Gary Chapman? Great book.

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Never heard of it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yes, I have heard of it...

Chinygyal said:
...anyone here read the book The Five Love Languages by Dr. Gary Chapman? Great book.
This is what your referring to correct?

1. Words of Affirmation
2. Receiving Gifts
3. Quality Time
4. Acts of Service
5. Physical Touch

:) CyberBiker is too Sensitive, perphaps is due to all those Woman Studies courses he had to take in college, :lao

·
Registered
243 Posts
Chinygyal said:
In my case, I do tell him things but it gets annoying when I have to repeat it day in and day out, week after week, month after month. I mean if you don't get it after that, let me know you don't get it, don;t just brush me off like you understand but then your actions show different. Other times I don't say because I assume it's common sense.

AMEN ! :bitchslap I spell things out & still get shorted.

·
faster......please
6,350 Posts
it's always been easy for me to tell a man what I want and alot less trouble that way either that or just throw him down on the bed and ummm.....oops wrong thread for that :lol

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Chinygyal said:
In my case, I do tell him things but it gets annoying when I have to repeat it day in and day out, week after week, month after month.
+1 to that. I just tell him once, and if he didn't listen, then that's his problem. I've also learned not to ask him to do anything. Best thing to do is do it myself. That way it gets done and it gets done correctly, THE FIRST TIME! :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts