Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmmm... where shall I begin?

Let's say that a certain person of the female persuassion has come into our little corner of SBN and has bascially said our forum is not motorcycle related. Of course they didn't have the decency to PM me their opinion or offer any posts on here...but to go through someone on this board who then PMed me.

Now...I know that we have some motorcycle related topics in here and we also have some topics that have nothing to do with motorcycles entirely. This person seems to think we have NO motorcycle topics in here..however there is a whole board out there outside of our forum that talks of the intricacies of motorycles, riding, jet kits, power commanders, chains, 1 up/2 down, etc etc.

You----the ladies on this forum have shaped how you wanted the forum to be...some of you have asked me to be able to do and get certain things ok'ed and I have.

I seriously didn't know we had to have tons and tons of posts about exhaust systems and dyno graphs in this forum...that's what the other forums are for!

I look at this as our little corner to chat about whatever we want and if some of it isn't motorcycle related....oh well! This is our little place to have some fun, cut up, joke with each other, make jokes, whatever may come to create some commraderie with other female riders.

Too bad some people, even of our own species can't understand that :confused:

If I want to talk about installing a power commander in my bike...I shall go to the "Help Me Fix It" Forum--not here!!

I really don't know what to say...except that if YOU want to see more topics on motorcycle related items...then YOU can start a thread...it's actually quite easy...just hit New Thread and start typing away to your heart's content! :twofinger

·
Registered
6 Posts
Was it something I said?

Not here to cause trouble... but if someone directs someone to something then another someone sends a PM to another... only to have another someone send another PM... dang, what a web that has gotten tangled.

Nothing ill was said, why do you take it so personally? So it isn't motorcycle related, is that really a problem for you? Doesn't seem to be.

I'm just thrilled to see other women on 2-wheels...

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know...what did you say??? I don't even know who you are!!

I just made a commentary...that's it--take it for what it is--there is no underlying motive--geeze!! Nothing personal here...looks like you are the one who is taking it that way....since you responded thinking it was about you :twofinger :lol

·
Registered
804 Posts
RSixxygrl said:
Hmmm... where shall I begin?

I seriously didn't know we had to have tons and tons of posts about exhaust systems and dyno graphs in this forum...that's what the other forums are for!
Opinions are like ass holes, every one has one.

No matter where you go, there you are!

P.S.
I just got my Masters Degree.

+ The Dean's Award for Academic Achievement
College of Arts, Media, and Communicatiion
California State University, Northridge

·
Registered
804 Posts

·
I ♥ ♀
2,764 Posts
aZoomm said:
Was it something I said?

Not here to cause trouble... but if someone directs someone to something then another someone sends a PM to another... only to have another someone send another PM... dang, what a web that has gotten tangled.

Nothing ill was said, why do you take it so personally? So it isn't motorcycle related, is that really a problem for you? Doesn't seem to be.

I'm just thrilled to see other women on 2-wheels...

Don't make me have to make the road trip to A-town and give you a :spank

Attachments

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
well, there is only 1 post for azooom so it must not have been her...i personally like this forum although i admit, i don't post in it often. i do enjoy reading it though. i'm just glad we don't talk about kotex and stuff like that...:D

·
Registered
674 Posts
I enjoy this forum very much. So what if we don't talk about sportbikes ALL THE TIME, most of us don't have many female friends and on here we actually have other females to talk with about whatever we so choose. If you want to ask a question about a bike or make a coment about something bike related the do so... but if there's something else you want to talk about by all means.

Just my .02 :)

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
I am just happy to see women on SPORTBIKES!!! For awhile I thought I was the only one because I couldn't find you. Topic is irrelevant-finding comrades is the important thing. I am glad this forum is here!!! :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'm with everyone else - I'm just happy to see other women riders! If I want to read technical stuff, how to's, mods, etc., I will go to the other areas of the forum.

I have read helpful stuff here, but I also just like being able to chat with other women with similar interests. I see nothing wrong with that. Riding is a HOBBY, it's not going to consume every conversation I have.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I love this part of the Forums. I have NO female friends in the real world so this is all I have to fall back on when it comes to women "things"..

I'm all for it. If ppl don't like it, don't come in and look. Simple as that.

·
Registered
234 Posts
blah, if ya don't like it don't read it, you can't make everyone happy all the time.

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
japbike said:
I love this part of the Forums. I have NO female friends in the real world so this is all I have to fall back on when it comes to women "things"..

I'm all for it. If ppl don't like it, don't come in and look. Simple as that.

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!

I am looking at this as my "support group". The women I know just don't understand and instead of appreciating the sport for what it is, they get jealous, catty, you know-acting like women. :) This forum is refreshing-women talking smack and running with the boys...that's what makes us different (and intimidating) from others. Just keep going on, this forum rocks!
Not to mention the women that keep it going....

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
blndbmr--First off---glad you found us!!! Second, Welcome to the site and the forum!! :twofinger

Glad to see that you ladies are enjoying your stay here!!! This is actually a good temperature check for our forum to see how you girls like it...so that's a good thing!! :twofinger

We aren't here to please everyone...no such thing...but as long as most of you are pleased then it's a great thing!! :twofinger

Hopefully we will all get to meet each other someday!! At least only the cool ones...bahahahahaha

BTW...anyone have a dyno graph for an R6 with a power commander???? heee heee heee

As my male counterpart on this board, Godfather, would say:

"Joke 'em if they can't take a fu*k!!" :alky :lol

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
hey, sixxy, I'll ask around here and see if anyone has a chart, mkay? yeah, i guess we're are intimidating to the rest of the population considering all the shit we talk and toss at the boys, well, at least i know i do :) but, it's good, they throw it back at me so you know, it's all good.

and i would love to meet up w/you all at some point. track day anyone???

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I always dig this forum because it is a fun break from Motorcycle how to's and crap.....plus its all mah ladies....In Milwaukee we are pretty fortunate to have quite a few lady riders, I can name at Least 10 off the top of my head, but i still like to come here and see what all the other ladies are up to.

Cj

·
Registered
128 Posts
+100,000 to what all the other ladies said.... We don't have many women riders here either so its nice to be able to chat with other ladies that ride about the sport and to have made good friends as well and like SicFlgirl said... its fun to just sit back and bs sometimes too! Before signing up here (the first time) I checked out other boards and they sucked, imo. We have a little of everything here and if someone doesn't like it they can just go elsewhere! I think the stats for how many people have joined SBN says enough though! :twofinger

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think this forum is pretty neat. Laid back and pretty open to new folks.

If I need information regarding something in particular I know where to look. ;)

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
What's the point of having an all female thread if there isn't things that are non-bike related. I mean I love talking about the bikes and all that but I do more of that in other threads. And we do have threads in here about bikes and such.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts