Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the US Nationals. Can anybody recommend a place convenient to the track to stay? Just me and a buddy so cheap and clean is fine, don't need fancy and expensive.
Also, anybody interested n getting together fo ride a bit? Maybe ride somewhere for dinner after the races?

Let me know.

Steve

[email protected]

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks for the help guys....I can feel the love. :nutkick

·
Registered
418 Posts
There are a number of places on the "west side" of Indy near the airport that will fit your needs AND are relatively close to the track.... 10 min. commute... look on-line for anything like Days Inn, Marriott, etc. near Indianapolis International Airport.... but, I'd buy early so you can get a deal. Also, the ONLY good place to ride in Indiana is in Southern Indiana near Bloomington [down U.S. 37 about 45 minutes from where you'll be staying (west side), but seriously worth the drive... I LIVE HERE!!!]

If you're serious about riding, come down and get a map: take 45 west out of Bloomington, 135 south --> thru Nashville to 58, take 58 west to 446 and 446 north back to Bloomington..... YOU'LL THANK ME LATER, I PROMISE.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply John. Our plans are to Visit the Air Force museum in Dayton, OH on Saturday. Ride into Indy Saturday evening, go to the final round of qualifying Sunday. On Monday we will head south through Nashville and into northern Alabama, then Georgia. Tuesday it's back up into Tennessee to do the Cherohola Skyway, Deals Gap and the Blue Ridge Parkway to Asheville, NC. Then up Rt 23 home on Wednesday. If you want to hook up for part of the ride in your area, let me know. It will just be my friend and I. I'm leaving the CBR1000RR at home for this trip, so I'll be on my '79 CBX and he'll be riding a Valkyrie.
We're trying to take backroads and stay off the interstates most of the way. It appears we'll probably be coming into Indy on Rt 52 from the southeast. What is the best way to get to the hotels near the airport from there? The beltway?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts