Sport Bikes banner

coming to AZ soon

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  rickym78 
#1 ·
hey guys and girls,

looks like a strong possibility that I will be moving down to AZ, phoenix area, and was wondering if there are good places to pick up a bike as I sold mine up hear last year. was wondering what the price ranges were for something in the 600cc range, and where would be a good place to pick up some riding gear as I sold all of mine as well.

also was wondering if there are any meets that go on?

oh yeah and was wondering how is it riding in the heat...????

thanks in advance

#4 ·
North Valley Honda and Kawasaki have a pretty good reputation. Stay away from the Arizona Motorsports Group, I've heard nothing but bad things about them, just do a google search and you'll find a website about a certain owner having trouble with the management and sales/service people. As for gear, Cyclegear is great to deal with if you want to buy locally. PSC is a pretty good group and they do rides often. There are also a couple of track days organizations also, if you're into that too. Just get used to the idea of riding at night :D

#5 · (Edited)
i'll second superbike on the opossum link he posted up on shops...helemt harbor and pipe city are great places to do business with. and they're right next door to eachother...also, at helmet harbor, you never pay retail...

here's another good forum in which to meet people...great people and good guys to ride with...and my homeboy's garage is where the wrenches are turned on a regular basis. http://sbw.sportbikes.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=71

and as long as your moving, you won't feel the heat all that much...but when you slow down...HOLY SHIT!!!

also, loads of bikes out here...just pick up a cycle trader, or check them out online here's a link. http://www.cycletrader.com/adsearch.html for zip codes, you can try 85296 for the east valley but you can also choose to look within 50 miles or so which should cover just about everything in the phoenix metro area...or you can search by area codes...try 480, 602 and 623.

#6 ·
Well you guys just about got everything covered here.

#10 ·
ocotber-> april is awesome riding nice and cool!

#11 ·
rickym78 said:
hey guys it has been a while since i checked in....

looks like I will be going down for november...look forward to getting a chance to meet you guys...
come on down... i usually got rides, bbqs and pocket bike nights setup... just let me know what day works for you...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.