Sport Bikes banner

41 - 60 of 413 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
nice pics, svmom. Btw, what gloves did you wear on that ride? I've been looking for some good winter gloves.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Maichena said:
nice pics, svmom. Btw, what gloves did you wear on that ride? I've been looking for some good winter gloves.
there not technically for winter riding.. I had to wear a pair of rubber gloves (doctor kind) underneath and my fingers were still RED

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
acalliste said:
30° ???? You are hardcore! :bowdown
my words were "dumbass".. way too frickin cold :confused: Yeah, as were riding I see snowflakes and I was like screw this, I'm goin home.. It took a couple of hours to thaw out with 2 layers of clothing plus the gear..

I told Bryan never again will I go out in 30 degree weather, it has to be at least 50 something..

Hopefully TN/NC will be nicer for the Gap trip..

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Yeah, 55° is about my limit, unless I have no choice. I've ridden with snow on the ground before, but that was the day we got my GS1100 running after spending a couple of months rebuilding it. I was going to ride no matter what that day! :boink

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Tammy, your're going to the Gap trip aren't ya ? It'll be so cool to meet everyone...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
one more for ya..

c'mon suzuki ladies, I know there are more of you out there and yeah you've probably posted pics on another thread, who cares post em again...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
First off... ladies great pics thanks for sharing. You all look sexy as hell!!! :bowdown

Second... JK you wanted suzuki riders to visit this area more, it seems these lovely ladies have found the secret. :beer

·
Registered
429 Posts
Well....shes only 5 and not old enough to reach the pegs but she had to sit on Dads bike. She will definately ride when she older.

·
Registered
87 Posts
my wife is going to kill me for this, but what the heck. Tammy here is a pic of my wife on her 2004 suzuki katana. she can really use your help for a little extra confidence, she got her endorsement but still afraid of riding in traffic,. she hasn't leave the neighbourdhood yet.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Well.. the only thing for it is to get out and ride. Don't jump out onto I4 in rush hour traffic right away, but run up the corner store. Then around the block, then down a few blocks, etc.

When I learned to ride (and don't try this at home kids, I didn't know any better at the time), I learned on the street in front of my house, then I just rode around my neighborhood, and then eased out onto the main street, and each day would venture further and further. After a while (maybe a month or so) I was riding everywhere.

You just have to get out there and do it.

There is a Central Fla Ladies ride coming up on May 5. Maybe she can join us? Lots of these girls are new riders, so she should feel comfortable riding in the group. :)

Go here > http://girlriders.net/

41 - 60 of 413 Posts