Sport Bikes banner

221 - 240 of 413 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
SEXY!!!! WOMAN THAT RIDE ROCK! My wife wants to ride and I'm all for that. She said that when the kids were grown we could ride together. I would like to get her a nice 600 gixxer she wants it pink( her nickname is barbie at work)
because I'm the understanding husband I'll paint it pink for her. The last kid is out this year. She want to get into some sort of riding class before she gets her bike. she said she will still ride on the back, but only once and a while. A friend of hers just got a750 gixxer. she thinks that the 600 might still be to big for her. Im still old school riding on my 83 gs1100e (but it's fast).:banana

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
nothing wrong with the classics, my 96 CBR eats current day 600s for breakfast........last bike night i went to there was a group of about 5 or 6 girls in there 20s i was assuming all riding sportbikes, i was just like UGH........not like my UNDER 21 tag is helping much :p

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
SEXY!!!! WOMAN THAT RIDE ROCK! My wife wants to ride and I'm all for that. She said that when the kids were grown we could ride together. I would like to get her a nice 600 gixxer she wants it pink( her nickname is barbie at work)
because I'm the understanding husband I'll paint it pink for her. The last kid is out this year. She want to get into some sort of riding class before she gets her bike. she said she will still ride on the back, but only once and a while. A friend of hers just got a750 gixxer. she thinks that the 600 might still be to big for her. Im still old school riding on my 83 gs1100e (but it's fast).:banana

Yay for your wife wanting to ride :cheers Make sure she takes the MSF course, or something like it. I think a gsxr600 is a bit much for a first bike though.

I had an '82 GS1100E in the early 90's. I loved that bike so much. Wish I had never sold it.

·
Titanium Princess
1,058 Posts
Just a quick question...is this the same "Dragon" that's in Tennessee? Just curious...I had a friend take a ride on that road and well...i'll just leave it at that...

yes, that's the one. I've lost count of how many times I've ran it. I love it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yay for your wife wanting to ride :cheers Make sure she takes the MSF course, or something like it. I think a gsxr600 is a bit much for a first bike though.

I had an '82 GS1100E in the early 90's. I loved that bike so much. Wish I had never sold it.
what size for a first bike do you sugest? thanks Around here the riding seasons are short or it's snowin but we have 355 days a year of sun. so I can pick up bikes for cheap.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
Something less than 600 if you are thinking about a sportbike. If you are thinking about a standard style or cruiser, it could be b***** & you'll have more options.

Best thing to do is let her sit on a bunch of bikes at dealers and see what feels the best for her. Check out the New Riders Forum here for more information. :)

·
Titanium Princess
1,058 Posts
It usually takes me about 20 min to run it each way ( I think, maybe 15, not sure)

You lose track of time when you're on it. Pure concentration and adrenaline.

I'm headed back out there in June for the SV rally. Can't wait

221 - 240 of 413 Posts