Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have a penis, avoid this film.

It's supposed to be based on the Odyssey, but you can't really tell. Certainly not as obvious of a homage as O Brother Where Art Thou.

Anyway, it's just flat out dull. The wife got me to watch it promising much in the way of battles and blood. What I got was bored to tears.
It's one of those movies that seems like it just ended.....but then there's another scene.
Can't tell if the conflict in the film is more about the guy trying to get home to his girl or about the girl overcoming harrowing odds during the civil war (so original I'm surprised she wasn't named Scarlet and vowed never to be poor again)
Beyond the initial battle scene, there wasn't anything of interest to guys. Little of interest for women really. But my old lady loved it, go figure.
The entire film is carried by Renee Zelwiegger (sp). She's pretty funny, which is about the only saving grace in this tale of two people's misery. Yippee.

Dodge it, fellas. Or at least insist on getting head from the girl that makes you watch it.

·
Banned
37 Posts
TheSollyLama said:
Or at least insist on getting head from the girl that makes you watch it.
Amen, brother! That movie fucking blew!

I only watched (less than half of it) because I love Nicole.

·
SBN's Slowest Member
1,312 Posts
critics gave this movie a good review, so i rented it. the movie was terrible, 2 thumbs down. don't alway trust what the critics say.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have to disagree guys... First, its not a guy flick. But as movie making and acting goes, it was a great film. Then again I thought it was gonna suck really hard and didn't want to watch it, so my expectations were extra low.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Oddly enough I rather liked it, up until the very end that is. I had NO clue it was even loosely based on the Odyssey. O Brother Where Art Thou? is one of my most favorite movies though.

M.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I was forced to watch that last night (kicking and screaming) and I have to agree with the general concensus that, that movie sucked ass. I was calmed down by the promise of naked boobies and the scene with the fat bitch was the end of it for me. That's where the movie ended and I went outside and started drinking.

·
Registered
346 Posts
SpeedJunky said:
I was forced to watch that last night (kicking and screaming) and I have to agree with the general concensus that, that movie sucked ass. I was calmed down by the promise of naked boobies and the scene with the fat bitch was the end of it for me. That's where the movie ended and I went outside and started drinking.
haha thats great. i was dissapointed like most of you. it got good reviews but it just wasnt for me. best part...nicoles right tittie

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nicole's titty just isn't enough to save this pile of shite. It got good reviews because of the nicole name on the marquee. No one really expects a good movie from her, just hope to see some T&A. BMX Bandits (I think Nicole's first movie) was better written.

I saw Eyes Wide Shut purely to see some Nicole nugs. THe movie was so ghey that when I walked ut during the end credits, I was kicking myself for wasting 3 hours on it. Total trash and even nikky showing the goods (I read that some of it was body double anyway) couldn't save it from being so forgettable that by the time I got to the car I forgot what movie I had just seen.

·
I ♥ ♀
2,764 Posts
I did like the begining, when it showed the earth "coming alive" as it would seem, when the Union Army set off all those charges right under the Confederate Army. I also like the part when Natalie Portman's character came out the house with her rifle to try and finish off her attackers. I would say more women enjoyed the movie than men, being a mushy love storie and all.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Wow, thanks guys. I heard it was a great movie from my girlfriend and damn I almost was gonna take her word for it and watch it. Thanks for saving me a couple hours of my life!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts