Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any way to make the clutch engagement window larger
what makes our clutch so different from other clutches
my friends kawasaki ninja and my brothers suzuki sv can be feathered
out making starts very easy ......are we doomed to the on/off starts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
You'll get used to it after a while. I don't think there's any way to change that without changing the clutch internals or the length of the little lever on the clutch housing itself.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I have no issues with the clutch at all, in fact, I didn't notice anything weird about it even from day one. It's a clutch, they're not all exactly the same, just find the sweet spot and until it's instinctive just let it out smoothly and I don't see any reason why you'd have any trouble.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
When I first got the bike I noticed the short engagement. After a couple of weeks, I got accustom to it. I can feather as smoothly as any other bike.

Don't worry about it.

·
FastAss
321 Posts
Try adjusting the clutch lever so that it starts to engage as soon as you begin to release it instead of at the end of its travel. You'll be ale to control it better that way but you'll have to pull it in farther to fully engage for shifting. I like it just the opposite though so I barely have to squeeze it to change gears. It's a give and take situation.

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
rdy2rd said:
Try adjusting the clutch lever so that it starts to engage as soon as you begin to release it instead of at the end of its travel. You'll be ale to control it better that way but you'll have to pull it in farther to fully engage for shifting. I like it just the opposite though so I barely have to squeeze it to change gears. It's a give and take situation.
I adjusted my clutch lever so it has very little free play. Made things alot easier for me. I've driven many different bikes and cars with clutches. This is the first vehicle I ever had that was this touchy. You get used to it.

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
You could find a longer lever on the clutch housing side or a clutch lever with the pull point closer to the pivot point on the handlebar side. These are really your only options.

·
Registered
55 Posts
FZ6 Clutch has slightly different friction/pressure plate setup, biggest difference in lever feel is that the FZ6 has much lighter springs, in fact too light for use on th track. If you check out the EBC site they reccommend that you run R6 springs which are 30% stiffer than the stock R6 ones. Doesnt help the feel at all.

The R6 has its clutch cable entering below the case and the FZ6 above the case, The actuator is a cheaper looking version. Its a pain in the but adjustment wise, well there is none at the clutch basket end of the cable.

Keep the cable well lubed, and try and adjust the lever to fit your hand/reach the best.

Regards,

Byron.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts