Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive been having a problem with my 99 cbr 600 which i thought was the clutch i have changed the clutch and cable and the symptoms are still the same. when im driving in 2nd 3rd and 4th gear and go above 6-7k rpm the bike feels like i pulled the clutch in for a split second and it revs up instantly and then engages back in gear and if i stay on the throttle it will continue to do that until i reduce throttle ... please help lol

·
Registered
127 Posts
It does sound like the clutch plates are slipping. How many miles on the bike and just in case, what oil are you using?

Did you do anything else to the bike before you noticed this happening?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i put lucas oil treatment in the bike before it started to slip ... ya i know im a retard ... so i bought a new clutch kit from motosport.com and they sent the wrong one that had the wrong springs and steel plates so i sent it back and then i ordered steel plates only from barnett and they sent the correct ones so i installed them and still had the problem ... so i then ordered another clutch kit from what i thought was a different company and it turns out it was a different brand but packaged and shipped from the same motosport.com warehouse and they sent another incorrect kit which tells me that they have the parts listed incorrectly in their system so anyway the asbestos plates were the same size as my originals so i tried pairing them with the steel plates i ordered from barnett with the springs that came in the new kit which the kit they sent to me twice contained 6 springs when my bike only takes 5 so thats how i know that they have the wrong part numbers in their system because one time is an accident and 2 times well thats just not right... so the springs in the kit were the same height and felt to be a stiffer spring but they were smaller diameter so i just ordered a set of springs from barnett and when they get here i will put them in and that should make an entire new correct clutch ... i will never shop from motosport.com ever again

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hopefully all will be well when you get the new parts in. Some clutch kits come with different strength spring sets. soft, med & hard. Usually they are color coded. Most of the time no one can use the soft w/o slippage and Med works for most with a few bikes or set ups needing the hard.

Typically there is a specific way to install the friction plates and steel plate with the first two and sometimes last one being most important. Do you have a factory shop manual? If not, try to find that info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes i have the manual and if these dont work then i will be getting the strongest spring i can

1 - 6 of 6 Posts