Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 SV650. My clutch has been a little tough to pull since I've had the bike. Today I lubed the cable and removed the cover over the release mechanism to clean in there. Took it apart to get it cleaned real well and evidently can't get it back together right. The clutch won't engage even when the mechanism shows engage. In addition, the mechanism won't recover from the engaged postition. Help, I think I put everything back together right, even looked at the Clymer manual. The only thing I can think of is something with the pushrod or that threaded stud. I am unable to get the nut back on the threads and thought that may be a problem. Help me out with any ideas, thanks.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Release mechanism? Is that the cylinder that compresses the clutch springs? If you took that off, you may have induced air into the system, and you'll need to bleed it. Happend to me when I took mine off.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think there was anything that would have allowed air into the system. I am talking the external release mechanism that is right near the front sprocket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts