Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have a question, I have a '99 Honda CBR F4 it has 11,xxx miles on it. Now my bike doesn't seem as quick as of late, could it be my clutch going out or does it need an adjustment? I know it's the clutch cause I have to let it almost all out for it to grab, I also feel that the bike revs but doesn't go as fast. I hope this makes sense.
One more thing is it hard to change a clutch out if that's what it needs? I'm very mechanically inclined if that's your next question.

TIA

·
Registered
297 Posts
it's usually pretty easy to replace. you will want to order a new case gasket and the fiber plates, should not have to replace the metal ones.
get a box lid and make small screw driver holes in it that looks like your case, so that when u remove a bolt, stick it in the box hole, that way u know which bolt goes into which spot, they are not always the same length.
once u get to the clutch just make sure to keep the plates in order.
i use a brillo pad to clean the metal plates and replace the fiber ones with new.
don't know if your bike has a wet clutch, if so as mine does i put the fiber plates in a bag and put in some engine oil to get the plates coated with oil. also no need to drain the oil if wet clutch but make sure it is on the side stand not a rear stand. may get a drop or 2 of oil but very little.
really not that big of a deal just keep track of the plate order and DON"T over tighten the bolts holding them in the basket, just snug, these can snap off rather easy
later
Michael

1 - 3 of 3 Posts