Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey hey,

Just bought myself a shiny new FZ6 N. My only complaint is that the clutch cable sits right above the ingintion key making it a pain to put it in and remove. I was thinking of using a cable tie to pull it out of the way. Would this be bad?

Thnaks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
That shouldn't be there.
The first 4 inches of the clutch cable is in a metal pipe, bending it away from the ignition lock. Maybe your bike is missing that part?

·
mmmm FZ6 N(aked)
60 Posts
I haven't looked, but I dont think the naked bike has the metal tube indicated in your picture. Also, instead of running down in front of the fork leg the clutch cable goes behind the headlight (indicated by the blue arrow). My clutch cable was already tied to the handle bars with a cable tie (indicated in red on the handle bars).

Silverbullet, does your bike not have a cable tie here, if not then it may be an idea to put one there to hold the clutch cable out of the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ahh yes he has a naked version, didn't notice that.
I wonder why it has been routed that way in the naked version. A pic of the area would be nice.

·
mmmm FZ6 N(aked)
60 Posts
Here is a pick of the clutch cable on my FZ6 Naked. Silverbullet does yours look like this, or are you missing the cable tie?

Attachments

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes! I am missing said cable tie. I might have a chat to my friendly Yamaha dealer.

·
the human bike-rack
419 Posts
cable tie

its nearly the Olympics,
lets hear it you blokes.... Aussie Aussie Asssie.....oi oi oi!

my lava red FZ6-NS (naked) just arrived at the dealers, I did get to see her late this evening (ride away tomorow :) !) and took special note of the cable tie pulling back the clutch cable.

The much slower silver version I'd seen at another dealer did not have the cable tie.

cheers ....kimbo

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats why the silver ones are that little bit quicker. Less weight!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts