Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bike has been sitting for a few weeks and after installing my new triple and ignition I noticed my clutch was loose...way loose, like i thought the cable had been disconnected. So how come when i try to tighten it it doesn't seem to be doing anything? any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
936 Posts
Is the cable disconnected on either end? Do the adjustment screws/nuts seem to be moving the cable at all?

If you installed a new triple, you may want to verify that you reconnected the cables correctly and have them routed in such a way that they aren't kinked.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the cable is still connected at both ends. I didnt have to take it off to remove the trip so that couldnt be it. the tightening screws (or whatever they're called) dont seem to do shit...im stumped and i want this fixed, its killing me not to be able and go out and ride

·
Registered
936 Posts
I don't know what to tell you. Does the clutch mechanism move at all, or does the lever just pull up slack in the cable without moving anything? Is the cable tube attached to the clutch lever and mechanism correctly?

There's not much that could cause this. Have you verified that the cable isn't severed, or that the cable tube (or whatever the tube that the cable runs in is called) isn't severed?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, my new crankcase cover is coming tomorrow along with my new gear so needless to say i want to go riding. anyways I still dont know what the hell is going on with my clutch so i took pictures. when i pull the clutch in the clutch lever stays in, like the cable isnt retracting. and when the lever is out the casing for the cable comes out of the adjusting screw...any ideas?

heres a picture with the clutch pulled in and one with the clutch not pulled in

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
it sounds as though your clutch is getting bound up in the basket, the cable's damaged, or the return spring is broken - you'll need to remove the the clutch case cover, and have a look

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
There should be another adjustment thread near the clutch side of the case. Check that one for adjustment also. The only other thing it could be is a damaged rack and pinion setup in your clutch housing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts