Sport Bikes banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
18,622 Posts
Napalm said:
Excuse me if I am wrong but 10% of 10 million is far more than 10% of 50,000. How is it then, by your logic, that a flat tax isn't logical? The person who makes more and theoretically using more is paying more. Maybe we are just using the same words and understanding them differently, because in my mind a flat tax DOES take less tax dollars from poorer people.
You've heard that a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link? In my opinion, that is how an economy works. Poorer people are consumers also. If they have more money, it only benefits the economy. They have more, they spend more.

That's my logic.

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
It would be viable to have things cheap. Or atleast cheap in relative terms if our money was worth something. If the government collapses tomorrow all we're left with is banks full of useless data and paper.

·
Registered
18,682 Posts
Solly's unbroken record for long-windedness may be in jeopardy.

Kudos to the brave souls who care enough to pick it apart. You've, obviously, got plenty to work with, including the assumption that worker=blue collar and Republican=white collar.

Government that attends to the needs of business (and workers) is good for everyone. Government run by business is good for no one...including business. Just as our system of government relies on checks and balances to preserve liberty, the government should operate as a balancing force to pure capitalism, particularly as it serves to damage the health of the overall economy or the general prosperity of the citizenry.

In a pure capitalist system, the game runs until one person has all the money. This increasing concentration (hoarding?) of wealth ultimately breaks the vigerous trading of goods and services and ruins the economy. If a government is tasked with promoting the larger public good, it must enforce economic policies that foster general prosperity, not those that concentrate wealth.

Bill Clinton understood this, and everyone did well. In fact, the expanding economy is the thing that lowered crime and reduced dependence on welfare, not any get-tough policies. Balance in all things economic. After all, we're a society, not the Animal Farm.

81 - 83 of 83 Posts