Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is a democrat and what is a republican, i never got into polotics and really never gave a shit about them, but lately curiosity is getting the best of me, i have absolutely no clue who does what and who does where or anything, all i know is that goerge w. busch is the president

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol, yeah im a political retard, i never voted at all, IMO your vote doesnt count, b/c if it did, john kerry sould have been president, you have no idea how many anti bush stickers and john kerry stickers i see on people's cars every day, during the time of the election everybody i have seen wanted john kerry to be the prez, but bush still won anyway. thats why i dont vote.......and the fact that the streets of washington d.c. are layed out in a big pentagram, thats just weird and wrong. just take a look for yourself.

http://www.gemworld.com/Symbols/wtau.gif

·
Registered
39 Posts
You need to vote and you should take the time to educate yourself on relevant political issues. It can't be done here for you. Read the paper, watch some news shows/talk radio. You will find out where you belong in the whole Republican/Democrat thing.
Alot of those people who sport bumper stickers on their cars didn't take the time to vote...perhaps they could have made a difference. Your vote does count. Furthermore, many fine people have fought and died for your right to vote. It's a gift that you're wasting if you choose not to honor their sacrifices.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
nitrotc3drifter said:
during the time of the election everybody i have seen wanted john kerry to be the prez, but bush still won anyway. thats why i dont vote.......and the fact that the streets of washington d.c. are layed out in a big pentagram, thats just weird and wrong.[/url]
Remind me not to concern myself with your opinions on politics since you do not. If more people voted perhaps the Supreme Court would not have needed to get involved in the election.

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
cyclefreak6 said:
You need to vote and you should take the time to educate yourself on relevant political issues. It can't be done here for you. Read the paper, watch some news shows/talk radio. You will find out where you belong in the whole Republican/Democrat thing.
Alot of those people who sport bumper stickers on their cars didn't take the time to vote...perhaps they could have made a difference. Your vote does count. Furthermore, many fine people have fought and died for your right to vote. It's a gift that you're wasting if you choose not to honor their sacrifices.
right on cycle--I could not have said it better. My dad fought in WW2 for my future freedom, and I remember him every four years or so by voting. 20 year MEN {and hes not a kid}, should know better than to take this for granted. The average age of a soldier in Vietnam was 19--in Iraq, its a little less than 21. These guys are fighting and dying every day---their not "bragging" on the 'net about how cool it is to not know who or why their country sent them there.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
You guys that are tearing him a new ass need to back off. Im sure the majority of you all didnt know shit about politics when you were 20. I know all I cared about was getting laid and making money.

He at least asked. Something most asswipes wouldnt do.

Besides, since when did belonging to a political party have anything to do with having an opinion on how the country is run?

Nitro.........Id look up what books you can on political science that most colleges require. You can probably buy the college class books on amazon for real cheap, get a good education to boot.

While I also feel the individual vote count is actually a farse these days. I still vote.

When you get down to it, our state leaders are going to vote whatever way they want, even if it shouldnt be so. We all know that it works like that and not off a total vote count.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
hybrid said:
You guys that are tearing him a new ass need to back off. Im sure the majority of you all didnt know shit about politics when you were 20. I know all I cared about was getting laid and making money.
No, I don't need to back off! We fought for the right of those of military draft age, fighting and dying "for our country", to have the right to vote. When presidents who are "elected" by the slimmest of margins, with intervention of the Supreme Court, then claim to have political capital to spend, voting stands out as the single easiest and most imperative responsibilities in our society.

Besides, since when did belonging to a political party have anything to do with having an opinion on how the country is run?
The point is that you are not making your opinion matter by utilizing your first line of defense supporting your opinion...voting for the candidate of your choice. Then you come to a motorcycle board to express your opinion? Well, you know what they say about opinions.

While I also feel the individual vote count is actually a farse these days. I still vote.
It's partly a farse (sic) because people withdraw or do not take it seriously!

When you get down to it, our state leaders are going to vote whatever way they want, even if it shouldnt be so. We all know that it works like that and not off a total vote count.
Hold them accountable! Convince your friends to hold them accountable! Please explain how showing total disregard for the outcome is going to help the situation.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
BusaDave said:
No, I don't need to back off! We fought for the right of those of military draft age, fighting and dying "for our country", to have the right to vote. When presidents who are "elected" by the slimmest of margins, with intervention of the Supreme Court, then claim to have political capital to spend, voting stands out as the single easiest and most imperative responsibilities in our society.
So your saying that a failure by our school system is his fault? The kid asked a solid question and instead of teaching an individual you belittle him? Is your opinion any more important because youre educated? Last time I checked, everyone was "supposed" to be equal.

BusaDave said:
The point is that you are not making your opinion matter by utilizing your first line of defense supporting your opinion...voting for the candidate of your choice. Then you come to a motorcycle board to express your opinion? Well, you know what they say about opinions.
Are you kidding me? I said I still vote. Me hold someone accountable? Let me ask you Dave, when was the last time you stood with a knife at some politicians throat? I do hold them and others accountable. I speak my mind to anyone and everyone that will listen.

BusaDave said:
It's partly a farse because people withdraw or do not take it seriously!
Oh so what your saying is that the political structure is a farse because its set up to be so? Do you have any idea of what your asking? Should be kill a state rep when he votes the wrong way after all the votes are tallied up? I dont like the system either but I continue to do my part. You have a better idea? How about you implement it instead of belittling people.

BusaDave said:
Hold them accountable! Convince your friends to hold them accountable! Please explain how showing total disregard for the outcome is going to help the situation.
I dont show disregard for it, I discuss things that are important to me with everyone, including you Dave. I still dont see how it relates to you telling someone who wants to know how this all works that his opinion is shit because he doesnt have the age, experience and wisdom you have.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
An Evolutionary History of the world...

Humans existed as members of small bands of nomadic hunter/gatherers. They lived on deer in the mountains during the summer & would go to the coast and live on fish and lobster in winter.

The 2 most important events in all of history were the invention of beer and the invention of the wheel. The wheel was invented to get man to the beer.

These were the foundation of modern civilization and together were the catalyst for the splitting of humanity into 2 distinct subgroups: Liberals and Conservatives.

Once beer was discovered it required grain and that was the beginning of agriculture. Neither the glass bottle nor aluminum can were invented yet, so while our early human ancestors were sitting around waiting for them to be invented, they just stayed close to the brewery. That's how villages were formed.

Some men spent their days tracking and killing animals to B-B-Q at night while they were drinking beer. This was the beginning of what is known as "the Conservative movement."

Other men who were weaker and less skilled at hunting learned to live off the conservatives by showing up for the nightly B-B-Q's and doing the sewing, fetching and hair dressing. This was the beginning of the Liberal movement. Some of these liberal men eventually evolved into women. The rest became known as 'girliemen.'

Some noteworthy liberal achievements include the domestication of cats, the invention of group therapy and group hugs and the concept of Democratic voting to decide how to divide the meat and beer that conservatives provided.

Over the years conservatives came to be symbolized by the largest, most powerful land animal on earth, the elephant.

Liberals are symbolized by the jackass.

Modern liberals like imported beer (with lime added), but most prefer white wine or imported bottled water. They eat raw fish but like their beef well done. Sushi, tofu, and French food are standard liberal fare.

Another interesting revolutionary side note: most of their women have higher testosterone levels than their men. Most social workers, personal injury attorneys, journalists, dreamers in Hollywood and group therapists are Liberals. Liberals invented the designated hitter rule because it wasn't "fair" to make the pitcher also bat.

Conservatives drink domestic beer. They eat red meat and still provide for their women. Conservatives are big-game hunters, rodeo cowboys, lumberjacks, construction workers, firemen, medical doctors, police officers, corporate executives, Marines, athletes and generally anyone who works productively
outside government.

Conservatives who own companies hire other conservatives who want to work for a living.

Liberals produce little or nothing. They like to "govern" the producers and decide what to do with the production. Liberals believe Europeans are more enlightened than Americans. That is why most of the liberals remained in Europe when conservatives were coming to America. They crept in after the Wild West was tame and created a business of trying to get MORE for nothing.

Here ends today's lesson in world history:
It should be noted that a Liberal may have an momentary urge to respond to the above before simply quietly, and shamefully, acknowledging it as the truth.

A Conservative will be so convinced of the absolute truth and
clarity of this history that it will be forwarded immediately to other reasonable folk.

"If the Gun Ban had worked," He said, "Marion Barry would still have his wallet."

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
hybrid said:
Are you kidding me? I said I still vote.
I was using the word "you" collectively, referring to those who openly choose the option not to vote, not you specifically.

Oh so what your saying is that the political structure is a farse because its set up to be so?
Hmmm...who said this?

While I also feel the individual vote count is actually a farce these days. I still vote.

I'm saying that this is no less a farce (YOUR term) when people choose not to exercise their right to vote.

Do you have any idea of what your asking? Should be kill a state rep when he votes the wrong way after all the votes are tallied up? I dont like the system either but I continue to do my part. You have a better idea? How about you implement it instead of belittling people.
Perhaps you should re-read my original post and reconsider your "belittling" comment. :rolleyes

I still dont see how it relates to you telling someone who wants to know how this all works that his opinion is shit because he doesnt have the age, experience and wisdom you have.
I made no such comment, but thanks for the off-hand complement just the same.

Speaking of "Are you kidding me?":

nitrotc3drifter said:
i never voted at all, IMO your vote doesnt count, b/c if it did, john kerry sould have been president, you have no idea how many anti bush stickers and john kerry stickers i see on people's cars every day, during the time of the election everybody i have seen wanted john kerry to be the prez, but bush still won anyway. thats why i dont vote.......and the fact that the streets of washington d.c. are layed out in a big pentagram, thats just weird and wrong. just take a look for yourself.
Indeed! :bitchslap

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
1st Native American desbribed a gun as "Big stick go boom"--This applies to this thread.

·
Gonna go far on my GSX-R!
2,238 Posts
jim schmidt said:
Back to the subject: The Democratic Party is the party of regular middle class people. The Republican Party represents bitter and selfish people.
Come on now Jim, that isn't helping at all. But if that's the game you want to play, I'm up for it.

Nitro: Liberals don't have any morals and for all your political questions just watch Fox News.

·
Writer of Wrongs
3,633 Posts
I vote because at one time roughly 140 years ago (or was it 40?) someone said that I could'nt because of my skin color.

Today I vote not out of spite but because I have a deep belief its better to vote and protect that right.

Can you believe what would go on in Washington if they did'nt fear the possibility of being bounced out on their collective asses?

By the way nitro, as has been stated before, this is the wrong place to learn about government and the political parties

·
mmm mmm good...
6,958 Posts
thank you for the right to vote. but when your options are, in the immortal wordz of trey parker and matt stone, a shit sandwich and a big douche, what the hell does it matter if i vote or not. the election was rigged, when they execute a better system than a "recommendation" by the american people, it may be worth my time to get off the bike and flip the switch.

as for nitro, should someone vote if their not educated on what they're voting for??

·
Shitbike
9,822 Posts
The answer is simple. There is no difference between a Democrat and a Republican.

Both groups are selfish, sly, and backstabbing, and are only looking to achieve their own objectives, with little regard for others.

I once called myself a Democrat, then realized that labeling yourself doesn't leave you with anything positive, since the other side is just going to focus on the inadequacies of your chosen party anyway. A label is useless. You can't generalize people into one of two groups.

I'm an independent. I have my own views. If everybody could form their own opinions instead of listening to and standing behind the one person who can speak bullshit better than everybody else on their side, the world would be a better place.

·
mmm mmm good...
6,958 Posts
bush said:
The answer is simple. There is no difference between a Democrat and a Republican.

Both groups are selfish, sly, and backstabbing, and are only looking to achieve their own objectives, with little regard for others.

I once called myself a Democrat, then realized that labeling yourself doesn't leave you with anything positive, since the other side is just going to focus on the inadequacies of your chosen party anyway. A label is useless. You can't generalize people into one of two groups.

I'm an independent. I have my own views. If everybody could form their own opinions instead of listening to and standing behind the one person who can speak bullshit better than everybody else on their side, the world would be a better place.
+1

1 - 20 of 83 Posts