Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On another site i frequent one of the members recently had a little run-in witha rock, figured you guys would want to see it..

the story:

"We were riding back from aerotech going towards halifax, i was in the back of the pack as we pass sackville on the bi high and all of a sudden rocks are on the road... lots of them, couldn't seem them until you were up close cause it was dark out. Everyone tries to avoid hitting them, but to my luck the bike in front of me catches one on the side of the tire spitting it up at me, i could actually see it coming but had no time to react (keeping in mind I was keeping a good distance behind the guy too). The next thing I hear is CLICK, i lean over and see a little crack in my headlight, no big deal i thought until we stopped for gas, this huge ass rock was still in my headlight.

Many of you have seen the damage done to my bike, but everyone keeps asking how big was the rock...we'll the pics below speak for themselves. "

the pics:

imagine taking that boulder in the visor? or on the knee or even in the chest? Luckily it hit the bike though.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
man, that's a good one. Woulda hurt anywhere on the old body.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
freeky929 said:
Better in the headlight than the head!
No doubt, his thread could have been allot worse. I'm glad to see your alright because it could have ended allot worse then it did.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Oh come on, I'm sure a white T, some jeans, and a pair of sunglasses would have warded off the attack..... :lol

Just another good argument for wearing your helmet and the rest of your gear.

·
Registered
62 Posts
How well would the shield on the helmet have been with something like this?? Im just curious how much they can take before breaking.

·
Registered
456 Posts
johnboy3 said:
How well would the shield on the helmet have been with something like this?? Im just curious how much they can take before breaking.
I think you would turn your head first, I mean he did see it coming, but if not, plastic surgery would be on the list of to do things.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The rock would have probley bounced off the visor of a helmet. Helmet viser's can bend and flex to absorb impact and the bounce back out, plus its VERY difficult to puncter the visor of a helmet with anything short of a bullet.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
that would suck, I've had a rock crack my windscreen but nothing like this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts