Sport Bikes banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everyone? well i figured it was time stop looking and start posting. I live 1/2 hr north of N.Y.C. and if anyone is from the area you might recall a nasty storm last monday. Well i got stuck in the middle of it. I was coming home from the bank, i could see the clouds turning black real fast so i decided to take the highway for one exit instead of the main road. I get on the highway and merge into traffic doing around 60mph. Now the the entire sky in front of me is Black as night and the rain is starting to fall. I figure lets get to the exit as fast as possible ( 1 1/2 miles.) I drop down to 3rd gear and get cranking. Just as i'm about a 500' from the exit a gust of wind (40+ m.p.h.) comes whipping across the highway. The wind is dead pushing me into the right lane and there is nothing i could do about it. As my luck would have it there is a Big Dump truck in the right lane dead even with me. looking in my mirrors and knowing i just passed a bunch of cars , i just dumped the gas and braked hard. i must of went from 80 m.p.h. to 30 m.p.h. in what seemed like a second and sure enough the wind finished its job pushing me completely in the right lane but by dumping the gas the truck shot ahead of me. Thank god i passed all those cars because all i thought was a car doing 60 running me down because i had slowed down so fast. :eek:

well that is my most recent brush with some of risks that come from this great sport.

I almost forgot the most important thing. I ride a 2001 ZX7R with a couple of mods and this site is without a doubt the best overall bike site around.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Way to keep the bike upright. Glad you're in one piece.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts