Sport Bikes banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Pillion Cam
201 Posts
Dragon run is with the YZF600R group. End of July. Gonna be a good test.. 1500 miles+ round trip with pillion plus the dragon.. just a few steps away from IBA type status..lol

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Ouch, that's gonna be a rough one going pillon with luggage. Last summer, I rode 2200 miles in five days. By the time I hit the 1400 mile mark I wanted to get in my car. Needless to say, after that extended weekend I didn't ride for about three weeks. Damn it was worth it, though. The best part was southeast Ohio, southwest Pennsylvania, West Virginia and western Virginia. Props to West Virginia DOT for sweeping their roads. It surprised the hell out of me, but yea, all the roads around the border of West Virgina and Virginia had trucks (street sweeper type) patrolling the twisties to sweep the gravel off the curves. Damn cagers can't keep their shit between the lines and end up throwing rocks all over the road.:angry

·
Registered
3 Posts
well if anyone is interested in a ride this weekend or a stop by qsl in sheffield on thursdays im in!!!! been riding off and on weather permitting need to change out my front tire i have it just gotta get it done hopefully this tueday ill get it done.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Hey everyone, check out the other thread in here ("NE Ohio May 25th")! Anyone want to join in?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ever been on Meadows road in the Brecksville reservation. FUN.
BigArn, thanks for the tip, this road is crazy fun, beginning (or the end) of it is still closed, but I guess this is the reason the rest of the road was totally empty. I finally realized how much fun it is to ride a really twisty road and that I can't ride:cry. Also I felt for the first time what slipping front end means (not fun) due to some gravel mid turn. Anyway I can't wait to ride there again.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
slipping front end from gravel?
uh, i think i would wait to ride there again or go out with a broom
at any rate, i wanna know where this is at... it can't be far

·
Registered
109 Posts
slipping front end from gravel?
uh, i think i would wait to ride there again or go out with a broom
at any rate, i wanna know where this is at... it can't be far
It was just a small amount of gravel only in one turn, so broom would do the trick. This is where this road is
Google Maps

·
Destiny Calls
502 Posts
Whew!

I've finally got my bike all back from my accident and other issues. I'm back riding but my weekends look baked for the time being due to my current job. After 4pm would be possible on Sat, Sun. You guys still slowly working towards a ride? Direction is more important than speed. :)

·
Destiny Calls
502 Posts
It was just a small amount of gravel only in one turn, so broom would do the trick. This is where this road is
Google Maps
Ahh yes, I rode the open portion of Meadows drive today. Wet in spots and lots of tree buds and debris. About gave myself a heart attack on a closing right hander, just brushed the opposite yellow :/ ... Luckily I was the only traffic today.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ahh yes, I rode the open portion of Meadows drive today. Wet in spots and lots of tree buds and debris. About gave myself a heart attack on a closing right hander, just brushed the opposite yellow :/ ... Luckily I was the only traffic today.
I'm going there again on Sunday around 4-4:30pm, weather should be good.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm going there again on Sunday around 4-4:30pm, weather should be good.
Edit, Looks like the weather going to deteriorate in the second half of the day, so I'm going there around 11am-12pm, Anybody wonna join me? If you see a white ZX10R, that is me :)

·
Destiny Calls
502 Posts
I'm off for the next three days. Anyone else off and want to snag a valley view parkway trip?

·
Destiny Calls
502 Posts
Wednesday I was able to make a trip through the Metroparks. I started in Kent, made it to Brecksville and on to Cleveland and Back. Beautiful day, beautiful ride, awesome time. If you'd like to see a few pics, check.

velophile.com: Photo Gallery, June 12th Ride ValleyView Parkway.

Glad to say I spent more time riding than taking pics, so I only have a handful.
What a great resource the Valleyview Parkway is. Since it's so lightly patrolled, saw one officer the entire day, it just rocks. Good times. The local dragon as far I'm concerned. Good stuff.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts