Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cleveland-Westside-Riders Network

I'm in the western suburbs of Cleveland but, I like to get away from traffic and find new curves. If there's anyone who wants to get together for riding post up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds great weathers starting to break , hopefully no more snow. already been through a full tank cant wait till 60 to 90 degree days!!!! this 45 stuff kinda bites!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear ya! I love the snow but, it's TIME FOR SPRING AND WARM TEMPS!!! I haven't ridden since November :[

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOO-HOO, I finally got out on Monday!!!
Can anyone explain why the hell registration is so damn expensive here? It cost 48.50 to put a sticker on my plate. WTF?!?! At most, you can only get a full seven months of riding up here. That is totally unreasonable. I moved up from Virginia last year and registration was less than 30.00, and I could ride nearly year round. Anyone got any ideas to lobby for a change?

·
AKA Mark S.
5,987 Posts
East sider here, and allways looking for a new road to ride on.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This past week I was able to get out while running errands but now, this damn cold rain is back. On the next nice Saturday morning we should all get together for breakfast/coffee and a ride. Anyone have ideas? Sound off!
John

·
AKA Mark S.
5,987 Posts
This past week I was able to get out while running errands but now, this damn cold rain is back. On the next nice Saturday morning we should all get together for breakfast/coffee and a ride. Anyone have ideas? Sound off!
John
I'm all in for that. Love to find some roads on the west side that I have not been on. If you want to go east I've got some great breakfast spots.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm all in for that. Love to find some roads on the west side that I have not been on. If you want to go east I've got some great breakfast spots.
Awesome!
It looks like the weather is on the upslope this week so, I'm pretty sure I'm going out for a ride Saturday. It sure would be great to get a decent sized network of riders around the area.

·
Destiny Calls
502 Posts
weather

Current forecast doesn't look too great for the weekend. If it holds out though, I'll be out riding, It would be great to hook up with some other SBN folks. Any plans forming?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This weekend doesn't look good with 50%+ chance or rain, showers, and thunderstorms. Hopefully, next weekend will be nice. We'll get a good Saturday soon. Until then, I'll look at the map and try to come up with a decent route. What does everyone think about meeting up for breakfast, going on a two to four hour ride (no slabbin on freeways) and seeing how that works out? I live in Westlake. Can everyone post up your locations so that I can use that to help plan a route?
Thanks,
John

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Oh yea, are there any good places where other riders would be on a Friday night? Tonight looks like it will be nice weather and getting out to decompress would be great.

·
Destiny Calls
502 Posts
I live in Kent. I'd toss a vote in for riding the Valley view park way through the metroparks.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmmm...
So far, Lyndhurst, Kent, Elyria, and Westlake
Any places I'm missing?
I know that the type of roads (clean and twisted) I like to ride on are mostly on the far southeast side of Cleveland. Valley Pkwy is doable for a first ride, though.
Does anyone know of some good roads to "stretch our legs" and lean over? This is tough for me because I am used to riding in Virginia, Maryland, and North Carolina where there's quite a bit of rural areas, the roads are in good to great condition and the traffic and LEO population is low.

·
Destiny Calls
502 Posts
Hmmm...
So far, Lyndhurst, Kent, Elyria, and Westlake
Any places I'm missing?
I know that the type of roads (clean and twisted) I like to ride on are mostly on the far southeast side of Cleveland. Valley Pkwy is doable for a first ride, though.
Does anyone know of some good roads to "stretch our legs" and lean over? This is tough for me because I am used to riding in Virginia, Maryland, and North Carolina where there's quite a bit of rural areas, the roads are in good to great condition and the traffic and LEO population is low.
Still vote for Valley Parkway. Centrally located and a great, get to know ya, learn everyones style, kind of cruise. I'd suggest meeting North West side of CLE and following the Parkway back to Brecksville. Full round trip should put most folks around 100 miles.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm game but, I won't be able to do it this weekend since, there's an out of the ordinary event I have to be at with my daughter.

·
Destiny Calls
502 Posts
I'm a scratch this weekend too. My bike is in the shop and they had to order some parts. So I'm a cager for the next 5 to 8 days. :cry

1 - 20 of 59 Posts