Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like the temps are going to climb to a balmy 40's+ this upcoming week!!! I am going to go out and warm up the bike and take it for a ride, if for no other reason than, to get some food and refreshment. Is anyone interested in getting this season started with me? The more the merrier :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am currently looking for a bike. It is frustrating because two months ago prices were great, now everyone wants top dollar. I might have missed the deals..

·
Pillion Cam
201 Posts
I don't know.. Historically I always found end of march beginning of april for used bikes go for cheap.. My friend got his first bike on the cheap in april.. Classic case of cleaning the garage and guys new wife decided that the toys have to go..

Just becareful if you look around on places like cycletrader.. Some of the ads on there are have sellers that should be committed.. With the economy in the tank it may even be a buyers market.. Have those gas prices tap $3/gal again though and you'll bee seeing ninja 250s retailing for 4500 again.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you have cash, don't be afraid to look all around, not just nearby. You can find some good deals if you're willing to drive.

State 8 wanted about $6k out the door for a 2007 FZ6 w/ 3.4k miles on it. They wouldn't go lower and I was ready to pay cash right then and there.

I emailed Scott Johnson at Honda East in Toledo, and without any hassle he gave me an out the door price of $5875 on a brand new 2008 Raven FZ6. It's a 2 hour trip for me, and it cost me about $90 in extra gear to keep warm, but totally worth it.

·
Evil Bastard
303 Posts
some people from a local forum (ohio-riders dot net) may be meeting up at the valley view QSL this sunday at 11am. if you're interested, let me know and i'll post up details.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
some people from a local forum (ohio-riders dot net) may be meeting up at the valley view QSL this sunday at 11am. if you're interested, let me know and i'll post up details.
Just now reading this and I'm planning on taking the bike out for a little bit. Hopefully, I can get down there before everyone leaves. Probably wont be on the road until 1:30 though. That should be about the warmest part of the day.
John

·
Registered
40 Posts
Bummer I was at State 8 getting my first oil change done on my brand new '08 FZ6.

I plan on riding a ton from here on out. Need to get the bike to 1000 miles so I can see what it can do. 175 down, 825 to go.

·
Pillion Cam
201 Posts
I had mine in pieces.. Doing the first round of 2009 mods.. taillight conversion and new HID headlight converions.. Plus spring cleaning (Its the dirtiest it's ever been) and oil change.. I'll get her all buttoned up tonight and ride to work tomorrow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts