Sport Bikes banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I went for an online visit to a company called Cycle Cat that I used to buy parts from for my Ducati and I found out they went out of business. Sucks because they made some of the prettiest, most high quality aftermarket parts I've ever encountered. ANyway, they had a link to some other place that is selling off their old stock and while visiting I found a little something you all might be interested in: Matris Steering Damper on super clearance. :banana

Seems like this happens every couple of years with Matris. Anyway, I already have one of these dampers on my bike and it is amazing! If you do any spirited riding at all, track or otherwise, this is a great addition to the FZ6. Build quality is excellent, very adjustable, and totally rebuildable. Sorry for the commercial interruption but I got a little excited. I think I bought mine used at this price!! They used to be like $500 new.

Anywho, thought I'd share me find:

Product Info: Black M3 Damper, Top Mount, Fits Yamaha FZ-6 (04>) by Matris | Oncycles.com - Motorcycle Accessories, Motorcycle Parts, Motorcycle Gear & Motorcycle Apparel

:edit forgot to mention, if you own a 2007 or beyond with the new style one piece handlebar clamp, you will need to buy the pre 2007 left side bar clamp from the dealer. I think it ran me like $10 bucks for the one side. The Damper just wasn't designed to work with the new single piece design. See pic.

Attachments

·
SuperBike Champion
2,446 Posts
I've been seeing that price on that site for a few months now. M2 is $240

·
FZ6 Corner Carver
12,159 Posts
props for finding this... :dblthumb i know several others that have been looking for any company that makes a steering damper for the FZ...

·
SuperBike Champion
2,446 Posts
I am pretty sure those M3 have been stuck at that price for long since the launch of M4R

·
Registered
593 Posts
are these any good. do we have someone with a review of them. And what are the benifits of adding a dampner to our bike? street? track? touring?

·
Squidly Tendencies ...
247 Posts
i haven't found a need for the damper on the bike, even when pulling wheelies and such ... i've never landed it in a bad way that required a damper and i've only had a couple of instances of headshake ... if it starts to shak then just get on the gas hard, lift the front wheel and bring it back down and it goes away ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts