Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right spot to put this so if not mods please move. :)

Ok, I know is usually personal preference. But which is better going with a tinted visor or using a clear one with probably wearing sunglasses.

Thank you

Take Care.

Shane

·
Registered
297 Posts
If you're only riding in the day, then tinted all the way. If you're going to be out past daylight, then I would stick with clear with sunglasses or bring a clear lens with you. I know in NJ, it's illegal to have anything but a clear lens on at night. Plus the fact that anything other then clear really hampers your ability to see at night.

·
Registered
696 Posts
or keep the tinted on and bring a pair of clear safety glasses, live the visor up at night and just wear the glasses
That's what I do. I toss clears on my Half-Jackets and just ride with the visor up

·
Registered
297 Posts
The only problem with leaving the visor up at night is the number of bugs that will smack you in the face as you're riding. Don't know how it is around where you live, but after a short 20 minute ride in my area at night my entire shield needs to be hosed off.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It comes with clear so you can buy a tinted and swap them out as needed. I hava an Arai and it's pretty easy to swap 'em. I'll put in the clear and use sunglasses if I plan on riding in both day and night.

·
Registered
645 Posts
glasses under a helmet can do nasty things to your face,(in a crash) dont wear them if you dont have to

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
I used to always wear sunglasses with a clear visor and thought it was fine, eventually I got a tinted visor though and it was way better. I don't like having the sunglasses on with the helmet, so it's much more comfortable without them. Also I didn't find riding at night with the tinted visor to be all that bad. The first time it happened it was just because I hadn't planned to stay out that late, but when I had to ride home in the dark I didn't have any other choice, and it was much easier to see than I thought it'd be.

·
Registered
645 Posts
there little packs that go around your waist to carry another visor. like if you get caught out at nite? or i cut a small slit in the jacket linning and slide one in, around my waist. cant tell its even there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya I didn't think about the sunglass either. I don't really feel like carring a second visor just to swap for night. The tinted visor I have isn't that bad, but if i'm riding at night I use my highbeem. IDK :dunno I'll figure it out. You guys gave me a lot to think of :)

Thank you

Take Care.

Shane

·
Registered
747 Posts
I actually like wearing sunglasses under better. They block the wind from hitting my eyes since I wear contacts.

If I decide not to wear contacts, then I take the tinted. Other than that, I usually ride clears with sunglasses.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Dark smoke shield during the day and clear at night. The sun always found a way around sunglasses and I hated wearing them. The clear shield goes in a pouch in my tank bag.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I actually like wearing sunglasses under better. They block the wind from hitting my eyes since I wear contacts.

If I decide not to wear contacts, then I take the tinted. Other than that, I usually ride clears with sunglasses.
Same here. With any wind and my contacts drive me nuts. Sometimes I have to shut my helmet vents to give my eyeballs a chance to get back to normal.

·
Official SBN token hunter
2,115 Posts
i used to wear sun glasses but i now have a light smoke visor i wear it night and day

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wearing sunglasses bothers me enough when I'm not wearing a helmet, so I use tinted during the day and clear at night. Carrying the extra shield is not an issue with my luggage.

·
I can pass this guy...
8,167 Posts
I can't ride with a clear visior... I have to ride with a dark visior or I get real sleepy for some reason. You'd think it would be the opposite... But at night of course I ride with a clear visior.. And it doesn't both me...

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
all of my helmets have dark smoked shields and I wear sunglasses at the same time. I rarely ride at night so it's really not an issue.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts