Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a busted fork seal, what can i use to get the fork oil/grime off my rotor/lower fairing? soap and water cleans it but not very well, any kinda degreaser or anything?

·
Registered
533 Posts
those damn wheelies

how about wd40? just realized you put rotor, i once got a little wd40 on the rotor and it kills your braking a lot until it wears off

·
Registered
300 Posts
What about Castrol degreaser? I use it a lot on when I need a good degreaser, always works good for me.

·
Registered
56 Posts
How about some Goo-Gone in a spray bottle? It works wonders on getting the wheels and chainguard clean. It's also pretty cheap.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
goo gone works a little, but i still gotta scrub it pretty good. ill try honda polish too. maybe ill just put soap/water/goo gone/honda cleaner/and castrol degreaser in a bucket and use that concoction. :headbang

·
Registered
456 Posts
i used purple power on the bikes and cars to get gunk off. i got some here if you need ot use it snigg

·
Registered
501 Posts
fork oil on the rotor is not good, that means it's in your brak pads as well. I would use brake cleaner to get the fork oil off. when you get a new seal, i would clean the rotor and caliper real good with brake cleaner and change out the brake pads cause fork oil will soak into the pads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts