Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember seeing a thread about this, but I couldn't find it. I think someone suggested WD40, which sounds like a dangerous option, if you get it all over the rubber.
Anyway, a link to that thread would be great, or some quick tips.
My rims appear to be unpainted cast aluminum (98 Yam FZR600). I used some auto products before (spray on, brush, wash off, worked ok), but I was scrubbing like a murderer removing an incriminating blood stain. It was a lot of work to get them clean, only to be dark again after a little saddle time. Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I use either turtle wax (easiest) or honda polish(slightly more difficult, but works). The clean rims amazingly and take chain grease off easily as well, plus the wax makes it harder to stick again.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
water and soap, or WD40 it's not that hard to keep it off of the tires if you spray it on a towel and not the wheels

·
Registered
321 Posts
ManOwaR669 said:
I remember seeing a thread about this, but I couldn't find it. I think someone suggested WD40, which sounds like a dangerous option, if you get it all over the rubber.
Anyway, a link to that thread would be great, or some quick tips.
My rims appear to be unpainted cast aluminum (98 Yam FZR600). I used some auto products before (spray on, brush, wash off, worked ok), but I was scrubbing like a murderer removing an incriminating blood stain. It was a lot of work to get them clean, only to be dark again after a little saddle time. Thanks for the tips.
I use plain dollar store furniture polish. I used to use Pledge, but the imitation stuff is just as good. This stuff is dam near 95% the same thing as Honda Pro Polish. It may not shine as much, but all the cleaning properties are there, and you get a shine. Plus, for the wheels, you are looking to clean. I am a white wheel freak. Got over 43k on my gixxer, and over 23k on my RC51, both with white wheels, and you can eat of them any day in the week!! :lol :lol

ceh
2001 GSX R1000
2003 RC51
(63 & fast)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts