Sport Bikes banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember seeing a thread about this, but I couldn't find it. I think someone suggested WD40, which sounds like a dangerous option, if you get it all over the rubber.
Anyway, a link to that thread would be great, or some quick tips.
My rims appear to be unpainted cast aluminum (98 Yam FZR600). I used some auto products before (spray on, brush, wash off, worked ok), but I was scrubbing like a murderer removing an incriminating blood stain. It was a lot of work to get them clean, only to be dark again after a little saddle time. Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
water and soap, or WD40 it's not that hard to keep it off of the tires if you spray it on a towel and not the wheels

·
Registered
321 Posts
ManOwaR669 said:
I remember seeing a thread about this, but I couldn't find it. I think someone suggested WD40, which sounds like a dangerous option, if you get it all over the rubber.
Anyway, a link to that thread would be great, or some quick tips.
My rims appear to be unpainted cast aluminum (98 Yam FZR600). I used some auto products before (spray on, brush, wash off, worked ok), but I was scrubbing like a murderer removing an incriminating blood stain. It was a lot of work to get them clean, only to be dark again after a little saddle time. Thanks for the tips.
I use plain dollar store furniture polish. I used to use Pledge, but the imitation stuff is just as good. This stuff is dam near 95% the same thing as Honda Pro Polish. It may not shine as much, but all the cleaning properties are there, and you get a shine. Plus, for the wheels, you are looking to clean. I am a white wheel freak. Got over 43k on my gixxer, and over 23k on my RC51, both with white wheels, and you can eat of them any day in the week!! :lol :lol

ceh
2001 GSX R1000
2003 RC51
(63 & fast)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.