Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's right! There is now ONE official motorcycle trackday with CoTA! Although, it will run you $460/day (+$50 for the Advanced Rider's Course if you're looking for some AMA level instruction by Brandt Dillon who, although he doesn't regularly compete, got 14th at NOLA in his AMA debut).

I'll probably do one day, as two may be a bit out of the picture price wise. I'll be riding in the ARC, so in Level 3. There will be 4 levels: Level 1, Level 2A, Level 2B, and Level 3. They're VERY skeptical of people new to our area riding in level 3, so unless you're a good paced level 3 in your area or a racer, I wouldn't recommend it. It will be 20 minute sessions form 8AM until 6:30PM.

RideSmart.Info

·
Registered
848 Posts
is it just me, or does that sound a wee bit spendy? even at Road America the most i paid was 220. guess things have changed a lot since i was last at a track day.... :(

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, very expensive. Especially for TX where we typically have notoriously cheap track days. However, the track is costing roughly $50k/day to rent. Plus, renting classrooms, paying workers, and any damages have to be covered by the TD org which could get very expensive very fast. Additionally, COTA is limiting it to 45 people on the track at a time, so you get the picture.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Conveniently its in my backyard, so one day there is the cost of a weekend elsewhere (assuming I'm paying for it and not the org I work for).

·
Registered
848 Posts
ok... so i'm not nuts. whew.. was thinking i was never going to another track day again. if i had to live where there was a track in my back yard... Plymouth, WI. Road America is about 2 miles away and family is located all over in that vicinity. WOOOOT!!

·
Skid Mark
1,294 Posts
is it just me, or does that sound a wee bit spendy? even at Road America the most i paid was 220. guess things have changed a lot since i was last at a track day.... :(
it's not just you; that's outrageous! guess i'm not riding COTA anytime soon...

s3aturnr

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
it is expensive, but that's because the track is charging a lot. i doubt the trackday org is going to make any money on this deal. it is a beautiful track and if I could afford it I would go.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Already registered this morning for both days Level 3. Spendy or not, i'm not missing this!!!! :banana:banana:banana

Edit: BTW, if any of ya'll are thinking about this, i'd sign up quick. It's filling up FAST!!

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
ok... so i'm not nuts. whew.. was thinking i was never going to another track day again. if i had to live where there was a track in my back yard... Plymouth, WI. Road America is about 2 miles away and family is located all over in that vicinity. WOOOOT!!
I'm 1.5 hours from RA. I need to do a track day there eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Roadracer since '96
1,911 Posts

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ridesmart is cancelled. As far as I know they were the only motorcycle track org.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Man that is pretty dirty, COTA pulling that shit..not sure I even want to go tithe MotoGP race now, might just sell the tickets..I'd hate to give an organization like that any more business. Seeing as how that track is partially funded by my and all of Texas' tax dollars it's pretty shitty not to allow the very people who made this place possible to use it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
They have completely backtracked now and supposedly all orgs that were in talks are going to get their dates. RideSmart is set to talk to the execs on Monday.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ridesmart is back on

1 - 20 of 23 Posts