Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've started this new hobby of cigars. I was hoping someone could recommend me a good line of cigars. I'm more of a mild/sweet flavor smoke (probably coming from the pipe smoke I'm used to).

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Recommendations = opinions

Mild and sweet can be subjective.

I have smoked some GREAT cigars in my life, but they have always been given to me. The best I have done is order Cubans.

The best bang for buck used to be these 'La Gloria Cubana's that sold for $1 each somewhere (cant remember where). They were so good, I'd regularly see people buy a whole box of them, and not because they were cheap either. Green ring...good stuff from what I remember.

Til then I stick with cigarillos, usually Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve - Cigar.com (crap, they got the 7"ers on sale...just noticed googling them for you).

·
Premium Member
5,605 Posts
I've started this new hobby of cigars. I was hoping someone could recommend me a good line of cigars. I'm more of a mild/sweet flavor smoke (probably coming from the pipe smoke I'm used to).

Sent from my DROIDX
Cigar is a badasseness. leather jacket, shades thick cigar and 64 mustang is cool

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The guys for the responses. I'll deff be checking some of them out.

Patote.....huh?

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Old time rookie
948 Posts
If you have a cigar shop near you, just go in and sample some. Every place sells a sampler pack. Or do what I did years ago and try several to see what you like.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Sometimes I smoke a cigar and I wonder, "Do I not know jack about cigars?" I had that moment when I smoked this Buy AVO 25th Anniversary Piano Cigars Online today.

It's only when people hand me a quality cigar, I puff it, and am amazed, do I remember that there are truly kick ass cigars out there. Unfortunately, the good ones are either Cuban, expensive, or the lower cost ones I haven't ran into in many years. :badmood

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
You can find a bunch of sticks in the 4 to 5 dollar range.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
there is an online shop that sells a grab bag of cigars- i can't remember what it is since I haven't smoked cigars in years. But it was great for like 30-50 bucks they sent you 10-15 cigars I think. All random and some of them were AMAZING.

I'm lazy- if I want an actual cancer stick I smoke swicsher sweets- but normally hookah is my go to choice. and since we do hookah easily once a month- I couldn't tell you the last time I smoked a sweet.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea I started with a pipe and I still like the thing but every now and again I enjoy a cigar. There is a pack I normally buy but there factory throwaway but at 25 for $23 the price is good. Some are good some are bad the problem is they don't label them so I don't know which is which.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Romeo Y Julieta, very good.
Te Amo, Cuban seed, very good
Onyx, very good, but you have to babysit them
Aston, Monte Cristo are okay
Partagas are very good, with several choices

I prefer the Cuban seed tobacco, the Nicaraguan and Dominican stuff seems harsher to me. Never had an actual Cuban.

I used to smoke the machine stuff (Swisher, etc.), but no longer. I've been spoiled by the higher end smokes.

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
Never had an actual Cuban.
YAY Canada got something right!!!

Also, just a humourous tidbit...

According to his press secretary, Pierre Salinger, Kennedy asked him to purchase 1,200 Cuban cigars for his future use immediately before the extended embargo was to come into effect. Salinger succeeded, returning in the morning with 1,201 Petit H. Upmann cigars, Kennedy's favorite cigar size and brand.
United States embargo against Cuba - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Patel Burn...worst cigar in years. I yhink I tried it before but I remembered it as a to try instead of a tried.

Tried that brand famous for cafe infused flavors...good but not on the mark.

25th anniversary avos...started off like a strong cigarette and ashtray taste. Got better as it burned but I threw the whole stick away after a few puffs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 60 Posts