Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Didn't happen. We got to the hospital and they gave us a quote for $11,000 for the surgery and hospital bills. Ok...no problem...so we tell them to set us up on a payment plan. Then the lady says "Ok. You pay $8,000 up front now (before the surgery or it wouldn't happen) and pay the other 3,000 later." We asked for a better payment plan and she said that's the best she could do but she could take 30% off and we would only pay 8,000 total. Again the 8,000 had to be paid before the surgery even happened. After 30 min of telling her there is no way we could come up with $8,000 she said that's the best she could do and to go to UMC. Five hours later (sitting in a waiting room listening to some wimpy lady cry and shout cause she couldn't stop yacking up her guts) he was taken back to see a doctor. So we are back to square one. He calls the doctor tomorrow to set up another surgery, this time at UMC and they will put us on a real month by month payment plan. Oh....UMC is filing a compliant against Sunrise cause what they did was illegal. If his leg isn't fixed soon I'm doing the surgery myself. :)

This is a good lesson if there is anyone reading this that doen't have health insurance.

:) Clarice

·
Registered
529 Posts
That totally sucks. No insurance bites a bit one. Hopefully UMC works out better for him. All I know, is if my leg was sittin there busted like that, I would want to get that stuff fixed asap, so I could hurry up and start the healing process.

Best of luck to ya Chuck. We will be with ya. Too bad I don't have no phat money to help ya though this shit.

Have you looked into gettin a loan from a bank to pay for this surgery? And just skipped the finance plans? That may be the way to go. Just get a loan for the 11k or whatever it ends up being, and go for it. That might be a little better on your credit. As soon as that stuff goes to collections for the hospital that can't be good stuff. That has to be hard. If it was me, I would look into a bank loan, interest rates are low, I am sure you guys could find something. Just a thaught.

- Ice_Hole

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow that was nice of her she would take 30% off-was that a today only price? After a dumbass remark like that I would have asked her how long the sale on fixing broken legs was going to last. With all the training she was probably required to have, wonder how she skipped the compassion class when dealing with people?

·
Registered
529 Posts
freakinhungover said:
yeah 8000 down payment for surgery, i had no idea! you can get a house for less down payment!

Damn dude, I dunno if that was below the belt or what.. Seems so to me.

- Ice_Hole

·
Registered
19 Posts
dude man, that's pretty screwed up for the hospital to do. these days hospitals seem more interested in making money than helping and healing people. and what's up with the wheelin' and dealin' nurse? she sounds more like a car dealer tryin to rip someone off than trying to help. some hospitals sure are messed up.

·
How about them Redskins?
2,418 Posts
Chuck if there is anything I can do to help let me know bro. Get back on dat horse mang.

·
Registered
529 Posts
How did Surgery do? That was suposed to be done today right? Monday?

- Ice_Hole

·
Registered
842 Posts
damn man that sux, i was in bad pain last time i got surgery, its the hardware they insert. your body will get used to it in a couple days then youll be hating it for a while till you get better... i broke two vertebrae and had rods in my back for 11 months so i know whats going on man!!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Well, now he has a busted bone, pins through a busted bone, some added hardware in his leg, plus some new cuts. I am sure that hurts more than just a busted leg :)

Just use thoes pain pills spareingly, they are expensive.. laugh. A real man doens't need thoes pain pills. :lol

- Ice_Hole

((And Chuck can't even really get on to defend himself, what fun))

·
How about them Redskins?
2,418 Posts
Damn bro. That sux. Get well soon mang.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts