Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So speaking of him in his Batman role.... I've seen several of his movies now.....Batman...Equilibrium..... And now, The Machinist.

I've got to say, I've got a tremendous amount of respect for him as an actor now and he's becoming one of my favorites, right up there with Kevin Spacey and Edward Norton.

If you haven't seen The Machinist, I recommend you do! Very crazy movie....nice plot twist, a tad expected, but the ending is very cool because it reveals some very unexpected things. But the craziest part of the movie may be the amount of weight Bale lost to do this role... He's seriously somewhere around 120 to 130 lbs in this movie. Gaunt face, ribcage showing, I mean he looks absolutely terrible. I'm not sure which he filmed first, this or Batman, but christ, talk about a radical difference.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
hes also very good in american psycho.

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fengler said:
hes also very good in american psycho.
Never seen it....but I'm going to have to now! Is it a lead role?

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
yep

·
Registered
416 Posts
He filmed the Machinist 1st. It was messed up because he said that all he ate was 1 apple for the whole day and of course drank a lot of water. Then after he filmed The Machinist, he had some health issues because he jumped right into filming Batman Begins. I don't know what the health issues were but it had something to do with him having to gain almost 100lbs back on in a very short time.

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
HalfLiterBeater said:
Never seen it....but I'm going to have to now! Is it a lead role?
One of my favorite movies. He is great in that movie. The uncut version just came out yesterday and I ordered it today. Can't wait to see the deleted scenes. It's a movie you can watch over and over.

·
Registered
896 Posts
American Psycho is incredible....one of my favorites. Unfortunately when I see him now I can only think of him as Patrick Bateman.

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ServoR6 said:
American Psycho is incredible....one of my favorites. Unfortunately when I see him now I can only think of him as Patrick Bateman.
I just saw the film cover the other day in Blockbuster and remembered I HAVE seen this movie! We were all drunk at my ex's house at a party and they put it in.... It's crazy, he's a hell of an actor. Talk about complete narcissistic sociopath....

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
pretty cool huh, in a sick twisted way of course. i like the part about the buisness cards :lol

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fengler said:
pretty cool huh, in a sick twisted way of course. i like the part about the buisness cards :lol
The business cards is awesome... The restaurant thing too.

·
Registered
261 Posts
American Psyco is a tight movie, I saw it a few years ago. The biz cards were hilarious. He is a very good actor, I want to see the Machinist sometime soon.

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Buzz said:
American Psyco is a tight movie, I saw it a few years ago. The biz cards were hilarious. He is a very good actor, I want to see the Machinist sometime soon.
It's definitely worth the rent. Hell, it's worth the rent just to see Christian Bale at like 125 lbs. Seriously.

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
My buddy let me borrow Equilibrium and i just finished watching it a couple hours ago. There was some sick fight scenes in that! The end was rediculous. He works down so many people. It was a good movie.

The new batman looks good. I'll be checking that out. He's a good actor, i'll be checking out more of his movies.

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Equilibrium is absolutely badass... Like the scene where he jumps and kicks down the door, they all shoot and he just waits, and when they start whispering, he takes them all out.

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
HalfLiterBeater said:
Equilibrium is absolutely badass... Like the scene where he jumps and kicks down the door, they all shoot and he just waits, and when they start whispering, he takes them all out.
Yea that was sick. I like when he takes the puppy outside of the city and the guys come to get him and he flips their shotguns around on them. Good stuff.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Don't forget Spielberg's Empire of the Sun. This was probably one of Bale's first, if not very first, lead roles. It's a pretty good movie about a young boy trying to survive in war torn Shanghai. John Malkovich also plays a nice supporting role as the Bale character's mentor.

This film may be full of the tricks and cliches that I've come to expect from anything made by Spielberg - child in peril, zero love story, sugary sweet melodrama, and the inevitable happy ending - but it's still worth watching just to see some damn good child acting courtesy of a young Bale.

·
rectal rooter
482 Posts
you guys are forgetting another one. i know the movie didnt go anywhere but the ex-AD&D in me had to go see it and loved it. Reign of Fire, with the dragons and shit. i thought the movie, although highly impossible, was very well done. This is also the first movie that i saw bale play a relatively normal person.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts