Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in northern cal and while it rains in the winter a lot of people ride year around. In my search for grad schools I have took at all the important stuff ;) I am curious about the winter riding prospects in other areas. so... Where are you from?
What it your winter weather like and is it ridable?
If it isn't, ridable how long is the bike out of commision on average?

Thanks

·
Twitter @eloquenceinc
1,733 Posts
You can't go wrong moving to florida, come on, easy answer to easy question. You can ride year round here. North florida gets cold, but that's serious only 3 months out of the year, and your leathers and layers will keep you warm. Go to school in Jacksonville and you will be inches from Daytona...go to school in Miami and you will be inches from everything. Go to school anywhere else in florida and you have a nice little highway trip to get to the big bike events.

What you should also find out is what schools in the warm states are good for your major. What IS your major?

·
Registered
832 Posts
WI is cold not much good riding weather unless you think 60 on average is warm enough to ride

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
snoflk said:
WI is cold not much good riding weather unless you think 60 on average is warm enough to ride
60 is fine, colder is fine (yeah long johns), rain is fine, it's the snow that freezes on the ground and makes you go all slidy that is the issue. My favorite school so far is in michigan and it worries me since I want to ride alot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts