Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my b-day was 8/7 (last saturday) so TWSTA and i went to Chicago to get some pizza.....
TWSTA with Rob, TC and Wayne....

me and the guys - notice the helicopter on the yacht in the background

Chicago skyline from Navy pier

Seadog = 2000 hp turbo charged - bad ass big ass boat

baddest boat on the water that day....

view from John Hancock building 94th floor

tourist.....

Chicago famous hot dogs

jammin kids - the rocked them buckets and made some serious $$$$$$

artist drew TWSTA and my pic in like 5 minutes...AWESOME....

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
driving in Chicago is worse than driving in LA....
(being a RN, by law I have to stop at all accidents if there isn't medical personnel already present)
on the way home Friday night we saw a wrecked bike - dude hit so hard he completely broke the forks just above the the fender - no gear - when i checked him he was barely alive - unresponsive, basal skull fracture with brain matter visible, pupils very sluggish on right fixed on left, labored slow breathing..... too may lacerations to list........ wear your gear.....
i'm 99% sure this guy died within hours off his crash...

RIP whomever you were.......

·
Registered
138 Posts
badgixxer said:
driving in Chicago is worse than driving in LA....
Never ridden or driven in LA, but I can sympathize on driving/riding in Chicago. Took the bike up to Chicago a couple years ago - parked it for the 3 days I was there. Chicago has a good mass transit system with buses, trains, and subway. No good reason I know of to actually ride or drive once you're there. Cool town to explore!

badgixxer said:
(being a RN, by law I have to stop at all accidents if there isn't medical personnel already present)
I didn't know we were required to stop for accidents - I would/have anyway, but didn't realize it was required. Sounds like one helluva nasty accident. Was anyone else at the scene? Any idea what happened?

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
gpTT said:
I didn't know we were required to stop for accidents - I would/have anyway, but didn't realize it was required. Sounds like one helluva nasty accident. Was anyone else at the scene? Any idea what happened?
Wow, I'm just an EMT, not an RN, and they harped on us big time during school about what the laws say about us stopping at accident scenes. I figured they would do the same in nursing school. Yes, in all 50 states you MUST stop and render aid if there is not an EMT-B or higher already on scene.

edit: actually in some states, if you are an EMT-P and there is a civilian (IE off-duty emergency personell) on scene, you still have to stop. Check into your states laws.

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
nice pics :dblthumb

now where is wayne's cowboy hat?? :alky

RIP for the biker guy :( definately not something you want to experiance on a vacation

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gpTT said:
Sounds like one helluva nasty accident. Was anyone else at the scene? Any idea what happened?
looked like he was doing a high speed wheelie according to another bike that was stopped at the scene....
camera was in the explorer and i didn't even take any pics..... :a2
they woulda made everyone wear gear forever.....

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
didn't know we were required to stop for accidents - I would/have anyway, but didn't realize it was required. Sounds like one helluva nasty accident. Was anyone else at the scene? Any idea what happened?
i didn't know you were an RN too. kinda funny, all of us riders being RN's ha! so, that is 4 that i know of, and an EMT (besides Firefighter).

RIP biker guy, sorry to hear of your ill fortune.

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
zts gixx said:
Love the window washer pic. :lol

he missed a spot though :spank :lol

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gixerking said:
he missed a spot though :spank :lol
GK :hshot BG
had to do some tourist stuff.....
TWSTA won't lemme post her window washing pic :lol

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
did they actually let you out there or was it just a prop?

·
Midnight Rider
415 Posts
i am from Chicago and i don't mind the traffic in my car, but the bike isn't that fun on the highway, unless it is nighttime. then it is hard to keep up sometimes :) but those are definately some cool pics.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
patfitz9 said:
i am from Chicago and i don't mind the traffic in my car, but the bike isn't that fun on the highway, unless it is nighttime. then it is hard to keep up sometimes :) but those are definately some cool pics.
i didn't mind the traffic but TWSTA hated it.....i'm pretty sure she wouldn't even get on the bike there :lol

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sounds like you two had a blast! :) Happy belated B-Day!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
God I visit up there all the time as my gf lives up there. I hope you didn't give any $ to anyone. Fucking bums up there make more money than me begging tourists for change.

I'm glad you had a good time. If you head up again let me know and I'll go with ya, or at least guide you to some good places to check out.

·
F'ckin Videographer, I is
882 Posts
Cue ball with two eyes, nose and a big mouth.... Sheeeee...it, I could have drawn you in about 30 seconds.... :lol :alky :leghump Yes there is too many RN hanging around here...... I think it's a conspiracy ...... :leghump

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
Looneyone said:
Cue ball with two eyes, nose and a big mouth.... Sheeeee...it, I could have drawn you in about 30 seconds.... :lol :alky :leghump Yes there is too many RN hanging around here...... I think it's a conspiracy ...... :leghump

1 - 19 of 19 Posts