Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than the fact that the bikes are made in china. I could get someone to upgrade the motor.. Would it be worth it? New rider btw.. Im just needed an urban street fighter to get around town a lot easier and then some here or there highway/ interstate riding. I don't like the looks of sportbikes and fairings...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cheveland cyclewerks any good?

Besides the fact that they are made in china.. is it worth it? All im needing is an urban street fighter to get from point a to point b. And of course low insurance costs. I don't like sportbike fairings so anything like that don't recommend :p

·
Registered
330 Posts
Do you mean Cleveland CycleWerks - Bikes ?

I would call it a miss, you can pick up a gs500 for far less, and have a reliable bike.

<Edit> Checked craigslist for ya in the windy city

Here is a GS for half the price.

Suzuki gs500e

·
Registered
495 Posts
The normal made-in-China stuff applies.

Parts availability?
What happens when you put a wrench on a bolt? Does it break or strip the threads?

Most of the Chinese-made motorcycles coming out right now are made of a poor quality metal enough to render them un-serviceable. You ride them until something catastrophic happens. Try to change the oil without stripping the drain plug.

I'm sure this won't be the case forever, but it's currently the case, and I doubt that Cleveland Cycleworks is the company that's going to make the 180-degree shift in Chinese motorcycle quality.

·
Registered
83 Posts
From what the reviews are saying, it's not without it's quirks - but can be easily serviced and most will be seemingly minor issues once ironed out. They were selling end of season last year for $2999 CDN. - should be cheaper in your neck of the woods.

One thing I would do if I bought a CCW bike, is go over it with a wrench and bottle of blue locktite. Once everything is good and secure, and adjusted the way you want it - should be a nice ride. In one review video, the front brake caliper on a misfit came loose because there was no locktite on the bolt.

The owners seem to love them, at least from what I have read. They are no sportbike, but Scott doesn't purport them to be anyways. Just a nice cheap little 250 to zip through town on. Not everyone wants a used bike!

·
freetors
640 Posts
I'd buy one if they were slightly cheaper and if they had any semblance of a dealer network. I don't mind working on my bikes and resolving little problems. If you are interested in "looking cool" you would probably get 3x more attention on any of CCW's chinese bikes than your average sportbike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts